Are the Sharks contenders or pretenders?

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I want to say contenders, but every game I see just screams pretenders...maybe if we get Burns and Boyle back.

Without both of those guys we are definitely not anywhere near as strong as when we do have them. That much is obvious.

JodyShelleysNo1Fan

Feb 22, 2007
I want to say contenders, but every game I see just screams pretenders...maybe if we get Burns and Boyle back.
This team looks like the team we all saw last season...when they had both Burns and Boyle in the lineup. The only difference is that the top 6 got off to an amazingly hot start. These guys are doomed if they are relying on that type of production again.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
This team looks like the team we all saw last season...when they had both Burns and Boyle in the lineup. The only difference is that the top 6 got off to an amazingly hot start. These guys are doomed if they are relying on that type of production again.

Why would they be relying on that production if they are playing like last year without their top 2 d-men (almost $10m salary)?

JodyShelleysNo1Fan

Feb 22, 2007
Why would they be relying on that production if they are playing like last year without their top 2 d-men (almost $10m salary)?
What the hell are you talking about? Im talking about the production of the top 6 the first few games of this season, not the production of Boyle and Burns last season.

CBJenga

May 30, 2008
What the hell are you talking about? Im talking about the production of the top 6 the first few games of this season, not the production of Boyle and Burns last season.

You said
This team looks like the team we all saw last season...when they had both Burns and Boyle in the lineup[....] These guys are doomed if they are relying on that type of production again.

If you haven't noticed, Burns isn't playing yet and Boyle has missed several games.... so jauntimer said

Pointing out the fact that Burns and Boyle have been out of the line up, and that it seems strange to be worried about this current team looking like last year, when you compare the rosters, two of the better players are not playing yet.

I'm not really sure what you're confused about. Or are you trying to say that getting Burns and Boyle back ISN'T going to be huge for the team?

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
the fact that without burns and boyle on the ice, it leaves vlasic as the sharks top offensive defensemen.

and also the top puck moving defensemen to.

sounds like a recipe for success.

does nobody see the trend of the team falling to pieces once boyle caught the flu?

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
You said

If you haven't noticed, Burns isn't playing yet and Boyle has missed several games.... so jauntimer said

Pointing out the fact that Burns and Boyle have been out of the line up, and that it seems strange to be worried about this current team looking like last year, when you compare the rosters, two of the better players are not playing yet.

I'm not really sure what you're confused about. Or are you trying to say that getting Burns and Boyle back ISN'T going to be huge for the team?

Thanks! spot on. :handclap:

Eighth Fret

Jan 11, 2011
Even with a healthy line-up, the same weaknesses as last year remain (altho the pk appears to be better). We'd still likely get stomped in a series against the Blues, Preds, Ducks, and other quick, tight-checking teams.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Even with a healthy line-up, the same weaknesses as last year remain (altho the pk appears to be better). We'd still likely get stomped in a series against the Blues, Preds, Ducks, and other quick, tight-checking teams.

We are tied with the Ducks 1-1. Lost to the Preds in a SO.

If the bottom-6 starts helping with the offense even a little bit, we will be fine. Also, I think the gameplan against the tight checking teams like the Preds and Ducks has been better, the execution has to improve. They have struggled a little bit against these teams, but they seem to match better and more confident than last year.

The Blues have the best offense among all the tight checking teams. They will be the real test.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad