OT: The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Thanks to the weather, my wife's flight has been delayed. Looks like I'll be leaving for Orlando in about 30 minutes and won't be back until 2:00 a.m.. Joy.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I'm officially 30 today, and my wife walked the stage to receive her doctorate yesterday. It's been a good weekend!

Congrats brother that's awesome! I turn 30 in September and just watched my fiancé walk the stage with her license to treat kids for mental troubles. I know I couldn't be more proud so I can't imagine how great you feel! Congrats!

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
This four day work week is crazy busy.

Last night, I coached CF, got stuck on 590 for a while due to an accident, and my wife had another retailer come over and sell from her inventory.

Tonight, my son has a lax game and my daughter has soccer practice. My son has been sick since Saturday and still doesn't feel good. But, he's the team's only goalie, so....

Tomorrow, my son has his last lax game of the year and my wife is going to South Carolina for the day to pull her own order from the warehouse.

On Thursday, my son has the first baseball practice that he can attend and my daughter has soccer practice.

Then early Friday morning, my wife and I head to Albany, NY for training for her business. Then Friday evening we are driving to Philly.

On Saturday, we have an all day training for her business and then we are driving back to Rochester.

It will be interesting to see if I have enough energy to go grocery shopping on Sunday afternoon.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
@Jim Bob I am exhausted from simply reading that.

And since I'm the head coach of my daughter's team, I have been dealing with two games that have needed to be rescheduled as the schedules were published yesterday.

One was on the same night as our team pictures and the other was a request by the other team's coach.

The picture night screw up involved way too much back and forth with the league...

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
I truly feel sorry for anyone who has to be part of conference calls with any amount of regularity. Especially if they are supposed to last 30 minutes but instead last an hour and a half.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
I truly feel sorry for anyone who has to be part of conference calls with any amount of regularity. Especially if they are supposed to last 30 minutes but instead last an hour and a half.

x2, meetings about meetings to plan more meetings.

Supposed to join in on our safety call every Tuesday but skip being the one calling in 9.9 times out of 10. Just let one of my older guys join it to take a break in the A/C or Heat and he'll pass on any key points.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Well, my wife got freaked out that she would miss her flight to South Carolina this morning.

I asked her last night what time she wanted to get up and she made the mistake of expecting the airport to be as dead as usual early this morning.

I told her this means that I will want to get to the airport three hours before our flight for the cruise next year.

She got to South Carolina without incident and is pulling her order right now.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Flew in and out of Boston Logan last week.

The last few miles of the eastern terminus of the I-90 / Mass Turnpike, the Ted Williams tunnel, and the surface roads for departures / arrivals / rental car lots is to "bad traffic flow" as "Jack Edwards" is to "blatant nauseating homerism".

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
x2, meetings about meetings to plan more meetings.

Supposed to join in on our safety call every Tuesday but skip being the one calling in 9.9 times out of 10. Just let one of my older guys join it to take a break in the A/C or Heat and he'll pass on any key points.
Thankfully in my industry/company meetings/conference calls are pretty rare.

3-4 district wide General Manager meetings with my District Manager a year
1-2 full company General Manager meetings with both District Managers and both franchise owners a year
Plus a very rare conference call.

Their rarity plus in general I'm up and moving 95% of the day, I'm just in no way used to them.

Reactions: muhmuhMatt

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
For all soccer fans, Iniesta joined Vissel Kobe, who already have Podolski.

They're playing against my local team in November, hopefully I can get some tickets.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Best way to stream/DVR hockey games if you're cutting the DirecTV cord?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->