OT: Are A Lot Of Posts Missing With The Forum Update?

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
The new website does have some nice features.... but is it just me or is it slow and cumbersome, and less user friendly?..... it's too spread out for my liking.

I tried asking support how to make the fonts smaller (for this site only) so more can be displayed on a single page without the constant scrolling. Perhaps someone here knows how I can do this?
Desktop or mobile? Most desktop browsers have an ability to enlarge or shrink the page. I'm on Firefox, and I can change size for a single site with ease.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Desktop or mobile? Most desktop browsers have an ability to enlarge or shrink the page. I'm on Firefox, and I can change size for a single site with ease.
there are some problems i can't seem to find. but what is now down sided is the smiley faces.....

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I can zoom in or out but there is just too much empty space between posts. Oh well. I'm sure I'll survive.

I agree there's a lot of empty space. Don't think it's too much worse than the previous version, but the white makes it a lot more noticeable.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
One thing you can do is go into your preferences and increase the threads, posts, and conversations per page to their max (50), which reduces the number of pages per thread.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I agree there's a lot of empty space. Don't think it's too much worse than the previous version, but the white makes it a lot more noticeable.
for me, it is the ads and other links that were on the side of the other site.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Just got my first full page popup blocking everything. Very annoying...was hoping that was gone. :ha::thumbd:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I think I've been logged out times already and haven't even finished my second cup of coffee yet. It's making me pull the little hair out that I have left. :madfire:

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
I think I've been logged out times already and haven't even finished my second cup of coffee yet. It's making me pull the little hair out that I have left. :madfire:

Try a different browser maybe? Hasn't happened to me more than a few times since the change. I use Chrome.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Try a different browser maybe? Hasn't happened to me more than a few times since the change. I use Chrome.

I'm using Chrome and it seems to randomly happen to me at least 2-3 times per day. Only once earlier this morning so far today. Yesterday it was probably half a dozen times throughout the day.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I'm having issues when editing my own posts using Chrome. The cursor jumps back when deleting or when using backspace delete. It's quite frustrating.

Is it just me?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
All weekend long I can't stay logged in for more than 2 minutes. It's making even browsing this site a nightmare since it won't remember the last post I saw to go to the first new post since. Not even exaggerating when I say every 2 minutes, sometimes it's even less.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
All weekend long I can't stay logged in for more than 2 minutes. It's making even browsing this site a nightmare since it won't remember the last post I saw to go to the first new post since. Not even exaggerating when I say every 2 minutes, sometimes it's even less.

I googled "Xenforo forums can't stay logged in" and it looks like it's a common issue with Chrome. Most issues seemed to be server related, so something the admins would have to change. Not sure who to tag to get this more visible.

Reactions: RayP

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I googled "Xenforo forums can't stay logged in" and it looks like it's a common issue with Chrome. Most issues seemed to be server related, so something the admins would have to change. Not sure who to tag to get this more visible.

There are feedback threads on quite a few different boards around here but I’ve yet to see a single post by any admin to suggest they even care. :dunno:

There has been a lot of what should be valuable feedback for the admins, but maybe they just don’t care.

I’m not tech genius but I swear this site makes my entire computer run like shit even if I just leave a tab open with this site and I’m not even doing anything with said tab.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
I don't have that issue with Chrome (on phone and home PC), or with IE (IE runs better at work because it doesn't block images like Chrome does at work). Site runs just fine on both for me and it never logs me out on either. You could try something like adding it to your trusted sites, or something like that. Not sure if it would make a difference or not...

Reactions: RayP

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Anyone else having a problem when viewing HF on Chrome, that when someone posts a tweet it just keeps scrolling and scrolling and scrolling to where you can't do anything at all on the page? Not sure how else to describe it, but I literally can't load any page with a tweet on it now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad