OT: Are A Lot Of Posts Missing With The Forum Update?

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Several missing posts from this morning I believe.
i know mine came over and i am ok with it. what i do not like it the color and graphics. but i guess it would take time to get use to the new controls.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I can't find most of my threads using the search engine. I fear now people will have to take my word that I won the most awards here this past season.

Ah, poop. Mods are moderating that specific poop word out. Just such a poopy thing to do. Someone hand me some TP so I can wipe...away my tears that were shed because they are taking away my favorite word. :(

Also, that mod edit makes Court's post below sound a lot more mean than originally intended. :laugh:

Last edited:

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I can't find most of my threads using the search engine. I fear now people will have to take my word that I won the most awards here this past season.

Okay, I am fine with the update now. Just y'all wait til the season starts.

Last edited by a moderator:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Careful now, methinks that there are some gremlins in the system that are still being worked on, especially regarding the censor system.

CPHawksFan

That's Hockey Baby!!
Jun 17, 2011
Crown Point, IN
This runs so much faster than the old forum, and I'm not getting constant pop-up ads either.

And you can "like" posts now!

Last edited:

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
This runs so much faster than the old forum, and I'm not getting constant pop-up ads either.

And you can "like" posts now!

Dislike button would have been nice too. Instead of everyone explaining on proposals why it's bad they just get down-voted into oblivion. 50 down votes and it's auto locked.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Dislike button would have been nice too. Instead of everyone explaining on proposals why it's bad they just get down-voted into oblivion. 50 down votes and it's auto locked.

i have a question for anyone, is most of the posters are complaining b/c of the comfort level is now at zero. working with the new layout will build that comfort level. anywho this is the new game, can't go back to the old scheme.

my problem is that it is kinda of dark too much red. in other word the graphics.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
and again it is a comfort level posters are use to, i know that and it will take time for posters to get use to.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
I don't know, having all the team boards on one screen without having to scroll is pretty nice.

No shortcuts to other forums. As far as I can tell, you have to go back to the main "Forums" page, and then onto another forum.

The bullet to jump to new posts adjacent to the thread title is too small.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Not sure on mobile version ATM, but near the top of the page for the desktop version there is a bar that says Home/ Forums/ NHL Western Conference/ Central Division/ Chicago Blackhawks. To the far right of those is a little symbol of sorts (it has 4 lines and a triangle in it) hit that and a quick pop up menu appears.

Reactions: Rooh

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Yeah, good find on the menu...the old "forum jump". Thanks.

Still missing the similar ability to jump to any forum at the bottom of a page, which was useful after finishing a thread.

Edit...just found the same icon at the bottom right of the page. Still not completely the same and not as fully useful.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The new website does have some nice features.... but is it just me or is it slow and cumbersome, and less user friendly?..... it's too spread out for my liking.

I tried asking support how to make the fonts smaller (for this site only) so more can be displayed on a single page without the constant scrolling. Perhaps someone here knows how I can do this?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->