April 8 deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunwoody_joe

Mar 16, 2002
atlanta
Visit site
I hate to dump cold water on the general optimism but I cannot share it.

I think the PA is simply putting on an appearance of negotiating so that it will be difficult for the league to claim impass. Until recently, the appearance was very clear that the PA was obstinent. Now, maybe they appear to be negotiating.

Color me pessimistic about progress. 80% show to avoid future claims of impass, 20% chance of real progress. I would be shocked if this is settled by April 20th. :shakehead

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Color me pessimistic about progress. 80% show to avoid future claims of impass, 20% chance of real progress. I would be shocked if this is settled by April 20th.

You make it sound like it's a nefarious underhanded thing to avoid impasse.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
Digger12 said:
I'm probably being overly and stupidly optimistic here, but is anyone else getting the impression that both sides are starting to lose their stomach for this ugly fight? That the owners found after their 'homework' that replacement player hockey could be an unmitigated disaster, and the players after a full year salary and career gone have come to realize that no matter what damage they inflict on the owners, in the end it'll be the players now and in the future who will feel the pain?

Is it too much to hope that both sides WOKE UP? :amazed:

Yeah, it problably is. I can't help but wait for the "We still have philosophical differences" card to be played soon.

Yea I'd have to agree wiht you, i feel like both sides have realized over the passed few weeks what they are really doing...i think they should come to a deal to tell u the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad