GDT: April 4: Flames @ Ducks - 8:00pm MT [SN360]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Really encouraged by that performance vs. the one two nights ago. We really took it to them all night and should've won. Probably the most frustrating part was the lack of focus on the 5-on-3. How in the hell can you not find a way into the zone against three guys?

Still can't get my mind around how the Flames get an extra penalty after Kesler goes hard after Monahan to start a brawl. What exactly did Ferland do wrong?

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Lost the goaltending battle by a huge margin and really lost focus in the third.

This game should have been over after 1 but Gibson was fantastic.

Looking forward to meeting these goofs in the conference finals.

That 2nd goal Elliott gave up was a bit of a back breaker. Ultimately we only scored one goal though, so can't pin it on the goaltending really.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Play that way most nights and you come away with the win.
I was texting with my buddy, if we outplay the Ducks, they win. If they outplay us, they win. If we play even, they win. If we get a goaltending performance of a lifetime, they win. Just cannot win at the Pond.

That garbage stuff at the end of the game; I'm happy you showed you had some bite, all it did was prove to everyone with half a mind that the Flames still don't get calls. This one's on Elliott, the 4th line and third pairing; pretty bad goalie performance (I know he came in cold), and that first set play goal... amateur hour. Weak second goal, and not sure what the defence is doing on that third goal.

Their goalie stole one, and that's okay. We were the better team; but we really need to win out the rest of the season just for momentum. If Calgary goes in like this we'll be lucky to get 5 games.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
That 2nd goal Elliott gave up was a bit of a back breaker. Ultimately we only scored one goal though, so can't pin it on the goaltending really.

Well, yes and no. When you allow 20 shots, expecting only one to go in isn't terribly unreasonable. You want Elliott to stop that from Bieksa, and not leave that juicy rebound there for Eaves, though the surprise factor is understandable. The other goal... all three Flames forwards got out of position at the same time and no one knew who was supposed to be in the slot.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
This one hurts.

Like, really hurts.

Like, the only thing worse would be losing a game 7 WCF to the Oilers.

...I think Mark Jankowski will break the Honda Center Curse.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Kesler's still a fake tough guy :laugh:, wants nothing to do with Ferland, but get alone with Frolik for 2 seconds and the gloves are off

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Well, yes and no. When you allow 20 shots, expecting only one to go in isn't terribly unreasonable. You want Elliott to stop that from Bieksa, and not leave that juicy rebound there for Eaves, though the surprise factor is understandable. The other goal... all three Flames forwards got out of position at the same time and no one knew who was supposed to be in the slot.

I don't disagree, but you could just see how much momentum it killed. Imagine Elliott gives up that goal while we have a 2-1 lead and we lose by the same score. Then it looks really bad.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
This one hurts.

Like, really hurts.

Like, the only thing worse would be losing a game 7 WCF to the Oilers.

...I think Mark Jankowski will break the Honda Center Curse.

It's a nothing game. Elliot lost the game on two bad goals.

Gio's hit was unfortunately but see how the Ducks and their fans' reacted, I am not even sad.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I don't disagree, but you could just see how much momentum it killed. Imagine Elliott gives up that goal while we have a 2-1 lead and we lose by the same score. Then it looks really bad.

If we had a 2-1 lead and he lets that in, we couldn't possibly lose by the same score. :teach:

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I hate Kesler, so, so much.

I said it earlier in the week, but I will re-iterate; one of the top moments in hockey is watching Kesler cry when he lost the cup to Boston and when Canada won Gold in Vancouver over the States.

Fakest tough guy in the league.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I hate Kesler, so, so much.

I said it earlier in the week, but I will re-iterate; one of the top moments in hockey is watching Kesler cry when he lost the cup to Boston and when Canada won Gold in Vancouver over the States.

Fakest tough guy in the league.

Since when did Kesler become a tough guy?

He is just an *******

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
No idea, but several Ducks fans are week to week with hurt feelings

I'm not even joking when I say some Duck fans are literally sadistic on FB. When Nashville was won the series, a few (Although just a bunch of nobodies who say things like "I don't work, I'm a king!") fans wished pain and suffering on Preds and Sharks fans.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
It's a nothing game. Elliot lost the game on two bad goals.

Gio's hit was unfortunately but see how the Ducks and their fans' reacted, I am not even sad.

Losing one of the their top D-men for the playoffs is a drastic hit to the Ducks' playoff chances. If you say it's unfortunate, then upon the same logic of thinking of extension, losing a heavily dependent player who logs about 25 minutes per game for the playoffs is immeasurable. Another context missing... the Ducks are already missing two top defensemen in Lindholm and Vatanen.

Stay classy, Calgary.

I never want to see any player injured. Players often cycle teams. Anyhow, good luck in the playoffs, except when you guys play the Ducks.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Losing one of the their top D-men for the playoffs is a drastic hit to the Ducks' playoff chances. If you say it's unfortunate, then upon the same logic of thinking of extension, losing a heavily dependent player who logs about 25 minutes per game for the playoffs is immeasurable. Another context missing... the Ducks are already missing two top defensemen in Lindholm and Vatanen.

Stay classy, Calgary.

I never want to see any player injured. Players often cycle teams. Anyhow, good luck in the playoffs, except when you guys play the Ducks.

No offense, but you guys got to face the Flames in the playoffs when Giordano was arguably the best defenseman in the NHL but was injured. I have zero sympathy for you considering how much smack you guys talked about beating a team with Deryk Engelland in its top four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->