AO, Hat Trick...Assist...{chirp, chirp}

Status
Not open for further replies.

HF-Addict

Feb 26, 2004
arrbez said:
Ovetchkin will never be marketable because he is hideously ugly. It's nobody's fault, but certainly an unfortunate turn of events

because Sydney is...?

AgentNaslund*

RallyKiller said:
I don't care what "pro scouts" would do, they have been wrong many times over the years and I have formed an opinion on what i've seen, you cannot tell me there is NOT a media slant from the canadian side.

why dont you share with everyone here why you think theres a media slant in Canada. Tell us about it. Let us hear your side. It better be good too.

Randall Graves*

AgentNaslund said:
why dont you share with everyone here why you think theres a media slant in Canada. Tell us about it. Let us hear your side. It better be good too.
Because Crosby is the new golden boy, and he just happens to be canadian. They have completely ignored Ovechkin on TSN but whenever Sidney takes a dump they tell us what toilet paper he uses. Everyone is banking on him, the networks know there is money to be made on the crosby gravy train. The same thing would happen to an american player in the states...look at lebron james.

If Ovechkin were american or canadian, I think he'd be getting alot more exposure.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
AgentNaslund said:

I agree with Rallykiller (and you know there's an issue when a King fan and Duck fan agree ;) ). There is this disgusting hype focusing on Crosby, and it mentions Ovechkin as a blurb.

It's because TSN, while a sports news outlet, is also a business. Crosby, being Canadian, will bring more readers than Ovechkin. It's failing to fuel the rivalry between Crosby and Ovechkin to help keep the NHL interesting, but it could also have some more interesting material in the future.

It's the problem with a media outlet focusing on being a business more than a news source. That is certainly its right (and it should do what it can to make money), but it comes at the cost of possibly losing some readers due to focusing on the same story over and over again.

Safir*

CSKA said:
Some people just need to realise that Ovechkin is better build for the NHL than Crosby point !

Pavel Bure wasn't really build for the NHL, but he did fine. ;)

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Kärppä32 said:
Pavel Bure wasn't really build for the NHL, but he did fine. ;)

Aha you think Crosby has Bure ofence ? :help:

I think you should watch some Bure videos again and again ....

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
AO got 3 points las night .. If Crosby ever manage to do that he would be on TSN front page for sure as the main story .

AO is not even on front page , not even on Hockey section front page , not even in the bold text at the start of the game report .. :thumbd:

Safir*

CSKA said:
Aha you think Crosby has Bure ofence ? :help:

I think you should watch some Bure videos again and again ....

Bure size is smilar to Crosby.

I thought your inital point was that Ovechkin is better build than Crosby.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Kärppä32 said:
Bure size is smilar to Crosby.

I thought your inital point was that Ovechkin is better build than Crosby.

I meant Bure did well because of hes awesome ofence skillz and i really dont think Crosby is in Bures ofence league.

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
SethKeggins said:
What gives?!?

"Crosby scores a scrimmage goal"

:clap: :clap: :clap:

"Ovechkin, 3 goals, an assist (which could have been the 4th off a deflection)"

..I know, I know :rolleyes:

why aren't you doing the same for Getzlaf and Perry then? :sarcasm:

Safir*

CSKA said:
I meant Bure did well because of hes awesome ofence skillz and i really dont think Crosby is in Bures ofence league.

I guess that we will have to wait & see.....!

BTW Ovechkins physical style of hockey may lead to injuries in the future.

All in all, I think that the Russian kid is a more complete player.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
EroCaps said:
Ovechkin has amazing vision and touch. He could have easily had 5-7 pts last night w/the passes he made. I think the two are fairly equal.
Pretty much what Penguin scouts have been saying and thats not a put down to Crosby. It just shows how good Ovechkin is and what isn't being said about him is his great attitude with the media. His English is already better than Jagr's and I think that shows alot about a young kid. This kid just gets pluses for everything thats wanted in a superstar on and off of the ice.

Kegger

Apr 23, 2002
Texas
bcrt2000 said:
why aren't you doing the same for Getzlaf and Perry then? :sarcasm:

Hey I'm all for it! If Getz and Perry can get the scoring like AO has done, in the past two nights now. You will hear the praise from me.

Props to Perry and his 3 goals.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
#66 said:
His English is already better than Jagr's.

I agree with everything you said, but not this. His English is definitely not as good as Jagr's. Far from it.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
roshiajin said:
I agree with everything you said, but not this. His English is definitely not as good as Jagr's. Far from it.
OK maybe I was considering Jagr being in NA for over 10 years and his English still being very bad but I don't think that AO's is that far from Jagr's.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Id like to add something

Hockey Future ratings :

Sidney Crosby 10C
Alexander Ovechkin 9A

No ofence guys but how is that NOT north amarican bias ?

I´ve seen both play and what the hell makes Crosby better than AO ? This rating is nothing more than BS !

And please if Crosby had 8 points !!! in 2 Games oh boy i just cant imagine what would happen :shakehead

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Kärppä32 said:
BTW Ovechkins physical style of hockey may lead to injuries in the future.

Agree but he loves to play physical style of hockey , remember he likes Iginlas style of play ! I think AO is a power forward with awesome playmaking skillz.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
There is a huge media bias towards Crosby, that's a fact nobody can deny. If Crosby had scored the same points as AO in the pre-season, it would be headlining TSN every day until season starts.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->