Anze Kopitar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungle Boy

Feb 12, 2003
Recife, Brazil
Leafaholix said:
All I said was that his numbers aren't eye popping for a guy with the hype... even though he's not getting as much hype as guys like Crosby, Brule, etc... his U20 stats should be a lot better, no?
what hype? nobody on this boards talks about this guy there are some reports now and then (they don´t say much) I posted twice on the swedish board asking about this guy and I got only one report on him. professional scouts like him but they don´t say much.
if you stop to think, he is learning a lot of things in Sweden. this kid dominated the men league in his native country last year, this shows that he has ton of skills he just have to learn the modern game.

leafaholix*

Jungle Boy said:
what hype? nobody on this boards talks about this guy there are some reports now and then (they don´t say much) I posted twice on the swedish board asking about this guy and I got only one report on him. professional scouts like him but they don´t say much.
if you stop to think, he is learning a lot of things in Sweden. this kid dominated the men league in his native country last year, this shows that he has ton of skills he just have to learn the modern game.
Was this the same guy that has a father that played in the same league?

Or was it a guy from Norway?

I was reading up on a young 15 year old guy a couple years ago that was absolutely dominant.

Jungle Boy

Feb 12, 2003
Recife, Brazil
Leafaholix said:

I was reading up on a young 15 year old guy a couple years ago that was absolutely dominant.
no idea
Kopitar had a goal and 2 PIM in todays game Slovenia beats Ukraine 8-2

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
If he leads his team into the upper division of the World Juniors it will be interesting to see him play next year.

CH Wizard

Jungle Boy said:
no idea
Kopitar had a goal and 2 PIM in todays game Slovenia beats Ukraine 8-2

:lol :lol

He had just one goal.His team scored eight times.Common !

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
He hasn't been quite as dominant in the past two days, so-temporarily, I drop him just a notch. BUT, the Danes do have a pretty good team and they were pretty much triple-teaming Kopitar, as were the Ukranians. This allowed other Slovenian players a lot of ice. Kopitar also saw MUCH less action against the Ukraine, I think he might have been injured in the Denmark game- wherte he was roughed up quite a bit.

By the way, 6'0 just doesn't cut it when you see him live- or standing nearby, comparing to teammates, opponents, ISS, McKeens, CBS and IIHF measurings (all 6'2-6'4). I'd still go with 6'3.

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
He ended with

5GP, 10G, 3A, 13P. 6PIM. +8. 1GWG. 2PPG. 10 Shots.

Do the shots you score on count as shots?, cause if so, he was 10 goals for 10 shots.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Tb0ne said:
He ended with

5GP, 10G, 3A, 13P. 6PIM. +8. 1GWG. 2PPG. 10 Shots.

Do the shots you score on count as shots?, cause if so, he was 10 goals for 10 shots.
I'd think they would count shots that he scored on, which means he scored on every shot, which is insane.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Slovenia had to beat Latvia to get promoted. They were two goals down but Kopitar scored three times to put them 4-3 up. Now that's clutch play even if the team did go down 6-5 in the end.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Leafaholix said:

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Slava Truhno, now in the QMJHL, who played in the Danish League.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Kopitar turned the jets on again. I'm not sure if his shot-goal ratio really was 10 for 10, but the fact is that when he has a chance he buries it. He is just deadly around the net.

By the way, defenseman Igor Cvetek could be a decent mid-round draft pick too. Denmark's Madsen and Latvia's Bartulis were other '05 draft standouts- first day picks are likely for them.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
steblick said:
Kopitar turned the jets on again. I'm not sure if his shot-goal ratio really was 10 for 10, but the fact is that when he has a chance he buries it. He is just deadly around the net.

By the way, defenseman Igor Cvetek could be a decent mid-round draft pick too. Denmark's Madsen and Latvia's Bartulis were other '05 draft standouts- first day picks are likely for them.

Could you offer some opinions on Madsen and Bartulis? I'm very interested in both and would have liked to see this tournament. And overall, how did the Denmark team look? Thanks

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I'm not sure what's up with IIHF's stats, but the shot totals are not correct.

For example, in Slovenia's 4-1 win over Poland, it says Slovenia got 23 shots on goal, but if you check the individual player stats, the shots only add up to 4.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Predatore said:
The SEL team of Södertälje just fired their coach (Timo Lahtinen - someone who is known to not be very good with young players), so a new coach could open up the opportunity for Kopitar to play..

seems that I am a genius then ;), Anze Kopitar will make his SEL debut today under a new coach. Should be interesting.

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
Anze only played 5-6 shifts in the 1st & 2nd period, 0 minutes in the 3rd and the overtime. Too little really to make a fare judgement but he didn´t looked awful when he did play, despite playing with Teemu Riihijärvi and Bert Robertsson. He was supposed to play with Teemu and Jonas Andersson but Jonas got sick.

I´m pretty sure Anze will get more oppurtinities in the SEL before the season ends.

About that height issue...
Anze is about the same height as Dragan Umicevic and Dick Tärnström (185 cm).

Jungle Boy

Feb 12, 2003
Recife, Brazil
Kronblom said:
Anze only played 5-6 shifts in the 1st & 2nd period, 0 minutes in the 3rd and the overtime. Too little really to make a fare judgement but he didn´t looked awful when he did play, despite playing with Teemu Riihijärvi and Bert Robertsson. He was supposed to play with Teemu and Jonas Andersson but Jonas got sick.

I´m pretty sure Anze will get more oppurtinities in the SEL before the season ends.

About that height issue...
Anze is about the same height as Dragan Umicevic and Dick Tärnström (185 cm).
What do you have to say about his skating?

zoranr

Jan 10, 2005
I was with Team Slovenia with Kopitar at WJC in 2004 and he was measured at 186cm and 90kg, but I've seen him this year and he has grown about 3 or 4 cm I believe he's about 190 now.
He only needs to work on his leg strength and speed, apart from that he's very very good.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The one thing you cannot teach is a GREAT SHOT...even if the rest of his game is average,with his size and that shot you have got to consider him as top half of the draft material--especially in a weak euro pool and just average NA depth in the '05 crop...NATURAL SNIPER =they just don't along that often...the team that drafts him will not be sorry...easier to draft set-up men,harder to find guys who consistently bury their chances...

TCB2004

Nov 29, 2004
For anyone who's seen Kopitar, it sounds like his weaknesses are : skating, playmaking and lack of nasty edge to his game. True?

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
TCB2004 said:
For anyone who's seen Kopitar, it sounds like his weaknesses are : skating, playmaking and lack of nasty edge to his game. True?
I´ve seen him three times this season and I would say that his only weakness is his skating. This kid will be a star, how big is up to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->