Anze Kopitar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungle Boy

Feb 12, 2003
Recife, Brazil
Has anyone acctually seen him play? I wonder if steblick (a poster that knows a lot about europeans prospects) has anything to say about him?

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Jungle Boy said:
Has anyone acctually seen him play? I wonder if steblick (a poster that knows a lot about europeans prospects) has anything to say about him?

I haven't seen him yet this year but hope to next week at the Under 20 B's in Estonia (some good '87 Danes and Ukrainians to watch there too).

I saw him play three times last year. He's a giant (6'4, 208) and has tremendous hockey sense. He doesn't have reakaway spped but he is very strong on his skates and has a lethal shot. He's not much in his own zone but when he's playing for Slovenia and he has the puck 90% of the time, that's less of a problem.

I.am.ca

Who does he play like?
which current NHL player's style does he play the most like?

From his size to his stats he seems like a very very very good prospect, but i have never even heard of the guy thats why i am askin those questions.

Jungle Boy

Feb 12, 2003
Recife, Brazil
I.am.ca said:
Who does he play like?
which current NHL player's style does he play the most like?

From his size to his stats he seems like a very very very good prospect, but i have never even heard of the guy thats why i am askin those questions.
Dany Heatley (I read somewhere)
6´4" :amazed: that´s way taller than he is listed!
Stebilick, I wll be expecting your updates :D

I.am.ca

Jungle Boy said:
Dany Heatley (I read somewhere)
6´4" :amazed: that´s way taller than he is listed!
Stebilick, I wll be expecting your updates :D

Damn, thats a pretty good player TALENT wise to compare him to. Is he actually 6'4'' or smaller?

Where do you guys see him going in the draft and by whom? (Just a prediction, nothin more).

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
I saw him for the first time last week, a good playmaking center with excellent passes. A bit slow perhaps but other than that he is the total package with a great future ahead of him.

He is listed at Swehockey at 182 cm and 89 kg which seemed right, that would be around 6 feet and nearly 200 lbs. Definately not 6´4...

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
steblick said:
I saw him play three times last year. He's a giant (6'4, 208) .

Seems you saw another player play then, because all the reports I have received say he is just 6'0".

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
If he's large then i expect the leafs to have an eye on him. Patt quinn is high to large players.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
steblick said:
I haven't seen him yet this year but hope to next week at the Under 20 B's in Estonia (some good '87 Danes and Ukrainians to watch there too).

I saw him play three times last year. He's a giant (6'4, 208) and has tremendous hockey sense. He doesn't have reakaway spped but he is very strong on his skates and has a lethal shot. He's not much in his own zone but when he's playing for Slovenia and he has the puck 90% of the time, that's less of a problem.

I saw a clip of him, about 25 second's worth. Look's a lot to me like Jason Allison.

From what i've read (reviews from his coaches and such) he is a very good player. I'd love for the wings to draft him.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Last year when I saw him he was listed at 6'2 (and looked bigger against the rather smallish competition). But IIHF has him listed currently at 6'4 (192 cm) 198 lbs.
6'0 seems way off to me. He's a big kid.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
i've read that he can be compared to danny heatley and nik antropov. I'm high on this guy and i really want my team to select this guy at the draft. I can imagine a line of Poni-Antoprov-Kopitar ( the new SKY LINE :D ).

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
McKeen's has him at 6'2 200. CSB has him at 6'3. IIHF at 6'4 (based on translating from the 192 CM). ISS (I believe) has him at 6'3. The program I have from a tournament LAST YEAR says 189 CM (6'2). He's grown since then.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
steblick said:
McKeen's has him at 6'2 200. CSB has him at 6'3. IIHF at 6'4 (based on translating from the 192 CM). ISS (I believe) has him at 6'3. The program I have from a tournament LAST YEAR says 189 CM (6'2). He's grown since then.

hehe, sure is a mystery :), well I will personally see him play on Sunday .. so hopefully the mystery will be solved by then. I'll try to take a picture of him if possible.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Last year ISS had him a 6'2 192, that's the first place I ever heard of the guy. They seemed to like him a lot, which got me interested. Guess the chances of seeing him play are slim and none any time soon, but whatever size he is, I hope the Habs are keeping an eye out for him.

I.am.ca

Predatore said:
hehe, sure is a mystery :), well I will personally see him play on Sunday .. so hopefully the mystery will be solved by then. I'll try to take a picture of him if possible.

Let us know how he plays also, his style and how he played in that game overall. Agressive style, finesse...etc.

Oh and i hope the Penguins are keeping a sharp eye out for him, we could use the size he has. :D

fred2792

Nov 3, 2004
Ste-Therese
This is from the international scouting services in october:

Anze Kopitar / Sodertalje SK
Position: Center Height: 6’2†Weight: 202

A favorite here at ISS since our European scouts first
acknowledged Kopitar as a rising star after his huge
performance at the January 2003, European Youth
Olympic Festival in Bled, Slovenia. He has size, fantastic
hockey sense, a good shot, he’s adept on face-offs and
positioning; he’s more or less a complete package.

I don't have more info since than...

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
ic3man24 said:
i've read that he can be compared to danny heatley and nik antropov. I'm high on this guy and i really want my team to select this guy at the draft. I can imagine a line of Poni-Antoprov-Kopitar ( the new SKY LINE :D ).

That's kind of strange considering the fact that Heatley is a great player and that Antropov is quite ordinary. As a matter of fact, you can't even compare Heatley and Antropov! :dunno:

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Fozz said:
That's kind of strange considering the fact that Heatley is a great player and that Antropov is quite ordinary. As a matter of fact, you can't even compare Heatley and Antropov! :dunno:

Size- Antropov
Style- Heatley

:dunno:

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Antropov was a very highly rated if obscure prospect. I think that's part of it. Heatley has made far greater progress but both were becoming highly rated in their draft years in the way Kopitar is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->