Anze Kopitar Rating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
There were polls a while back for these players cant find it but Kopitar ended up with a 8.5C really close to a 8.5B Overall he has the highest potential out of anyone in the draft other then Crosby. Being a Kings fan this may be biased but i liked him before hand never would of dreamed he dropped to us but as posted before he is atleast a GOOD 2nd liner. Sadly i haven't heard any comparisons only one i've heard which i dont know about is Heatley (May be same as in amazing player and pts wise but i dont know about style)

Techbert

Jun 9, 2005
Alpharetta, GA
Good Call By HF, But Not The Last Word

kngbryn said:
The Kings page has him rated as an 8C...do you agree with this?

I think it is a wise rating for HF to give, but I take it as "I don't really know" instead of "This is what I see." 8C is a good starting point, and Anze will prove himself more or less worthy.

I think he'll be a 8B or 8.5C or something after this season, but that does not mean that is where he should be rated now.

When you have someone "everyone" says is Top 6 mebbe Top 3 and he goes 11th, you have to ask yourself if those scouts knew something we don't. If he's a "steal" he'll prove himself. If he was overhyped (through no fault of his own), that will be uncovered as well.

I don't buy the "first player from Slovenia" concerns. Slovenia ain't Switzerland. Switzerland is heaven. Slovenia is a place to get out of.

My questions include:

1) Does he have an injury that was not disclosed?
2) Did he say something really dumb in team interviews?
3) Is his supposed "lack of footspeed" something he is stuck with, or is he just lacking some good power skating training?
4) What's the difference between his game and Bobby Ryan's game, who last I checked went #2?
5) Was he a simple victim of a Europhobic avoidance of anyone without an Anglo or Franco name? Why? It's not like he's being held prisoner in Russia or anything.
6)
7) What do you have to do in Sweden to get noticed when you have a late 87 birthday and the country is swarming with locked-out NHLers?

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Techbert said:
I think it is a wise rating for HF to give, but I take it as "I don't really know" instead of "This is what I see." 8C is a good starting point, and Anze will prove himself more or less worthy.

I think he'll be a 8B or 8.5C or something after this season, but that does not mean that is where he should be rated now.

When you have someone "everyone" says is Top 6 mebbe Top 3 and he goes 11th, you have to ask yourself if those scouts knew something we don't. If he's a "steal" he'll prove himself. If he was overhyped (through no fault of his own), that will be uncovered as well.

I don't buy the "first player from Slovenia" concerns. Slovenia ain't Switzerland. Switzerland is heaven. Slovenia is a place to get out of.

My questions include:

1) Does he have an injury that was not disclosed?
2) Did he say something really dumb in team interviews?
3) Is his supposed "lack of footspeed" something he is stuck with, or is he just lacking some good power skating training?
4) What's the difference between his game and Bobby Ryan's game, who last I checked went #2?
5) Was he a simple victim of a Europhobic avoidance of anyone without an Anglo or Franco name? Why? It's not like he's being held prisoner in Russia or anything.
6)
7) What do you have to do in Sweden to get noticed when you have a late 87 birthday and the country is swarming with locked-out NHLers?

Well Bob McKenzie practically swore that was the reason that he dropped during the draft; the lack of hockey background in Slovenia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad