Anything Goes 30: Topicality Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'm going to Chicago Cut for the first time tomorrow night with the new lady. Trying to try a steak at every fine-dining steakhouse in Chicago while I'm still living here. I've had Gibson's, Morton's, and Eddie V's so far.

Is there a better metaphor for the Hawks season than a well done steak? I think not. Something with so much potential to be great got completely f***ed up because it wasn't prepared the right way.

Coach Q=Well Done with steak sauce

joel.gif

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'm going to Chicago Cut for the first time tomorrow night with the new lady. Trying to try a steak at every fine-dining steakhouse in Chicago while I'm still living here. I've had Gibson's, Morton's, and Eddie V's so far.

Is there a better metaphor for the Hawks season than a well done steak? I think not. Something with so much potential to be great got completely ****ed up because it wasn't prepared the right way.

Coach Q=Well Done with ketchup

joel.gif

FFY

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago

Is there a better metaphor for the Hawks season than a well done steak? I think not. Something with so much potential to be great got completely ****ed up because it wasn't prepared the right way.

joel.gif

Moving?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

joel.gif

Plans on skipping town anytime soon?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Always thought ketchup flavored chips sounded disgusting, and a poster her mailed me a bag of those and all dressed and the ketchup ones were freakin awesome.

Thought the all dressed would be great.... meh.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Hopefully not. I most likely will have to when I graduate college pretty soon. Most of the engineering jobs I'll be looking for are out in the burbs and not in the Gold Coast in Chicago (where I'd much rather be)

Looking into anywhere specific to relocate to yet?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Looking into anywhere specific to relocate to yet?

Well I grew up in Naperville and Aurora so I may just move back there and be close to the family but I've always really liked St. Charles and Geneva. The river up there (Fox River???) and the downtown area give it a lot of charm.

Join us...

giphy.gif

No! Stay away!

Im 28 and have been living in the city for 4.5 years now. It'll be a really weird transition back to the suburban quiet life. I don't mean that to be condescending at all, although I'm sure it is, but the city is just so different. I can have literally any type of night I want to any night of the week. There's at least one cool bar and restaurant on every block. There's ALWAYS something to do and I'm around so many people. I'm not sure if I'm ready to have grilling out on weekends and watching the game be one of the more fun things I do all week.

I'll probably be ready for that in the future and especially if/when I have kids, but until then the thought of that lifestyle is not very pleasant to me. Again, that's not to say my life in the city is better than anyone's in the suburbs, just that it's not quite for me just yet, if ever.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Well I grew up in Naperville and Aurora so I may just move back there and be close to the family but I've always really liked St. Charles and Geneva. The river up there (Fox River???) and the downtown area give it a lot of charm.

No! Stay away!

Im 28 and have been living in the city for 4.5 years now. It'll be a really weird transition back to the suburban quiet life. I don't mean that to be condescending at all, although I'm sure it is, but the city is just so different. I can have literally any type of night I want to any night of the week. There's at least one cool bar and restaurant on every block. There's ALWAYS something to do and I'm around so many people. I'm not sure if I'm ready to have grilling out on weekends and watching the game be one of the more fun things I do all week.

I'll probably be ready for that in the future and especially if/when I have kids, but until then the thought of that lifestyle is not very pleasant to me. Again, that's not to say my life in the city is better than anyone's in the suburbs, just that it's not quite for me just yet, if ever.

You have your mini van picked out yet?

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

No! Stay away!

Oh, I get it and no offense taken. I never lived in the city, (although most of my friends did, so I spent a good amount of weekends there going out) but I get the appeal for sure.

You touched on the life style thing and I think that's a huge part in it. Depending on where your are in your life, changes your priories for sure. Personally, being married with young kid(s) (1 and 1 on the way) the nightlife options is a pretty low priority for me these days, while 5-10 years ago, it was a huge deal to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad