Anyone with a Scouting Report on Ryan Garlock of the Guelph Storm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdnhky1

May 16, 2002
Visit site
TheGreek said:
Where do you see him going in the 2004 NHL Draft? What kind of NHL impact will this kid have if any? And lastly, who would you compare him to? Thanks

Big, strong kid with a powerful skating stride. Plays a great two way game. Very effective down low below the face-off dots. Has some skill but won’t be a huge scorer. Does a lot of little things well that coaches and scouts really like but that are often overlooked by the average hockey fan. His style reminds me a little bit of Jason Arnott although he's not quite as big as Arnott. At this point I see Garlock going anywhere from the last half of the first round to the early second round depending on his performance this season.

He's off to a good start. I saw him on Sunday in Guelph's 7-3 loss to Mississauga and he was by far Guelph's best player on the night with 2 goals and 1 assist. I think playing for Canada's u-18 team this summer really helped him as he seems a step or two ahead of where most players are.

RE-HABS

Feb 27, 2002
CANADA
I'm from his home town area and this kid is the best prospect to come out of this area since Steve Sullivan.

He was always a domnate force on any team he played and went to Nova Scotia with local AAA midget team, they were the Ontario Champs for the Air Canada Cup (he was only a 1st year bantam). There he played against older players and lead his team in scoring, he also went head to head with Crosby and finally got to play with Crosby this summer in the U18 for Canada.

After playing mostly 4th line and mostly a scratch in his OHL Rookie season he has went to the Storm this season with added confidence from the Team Canada experience and knows that he can play the style he plays in the OHL and it is a big year for him and the Storm as they are a better team this season and he is on the top line, not to mention this is his draft year too.

He is a really intelligent kid too, he has fast paced his way through school and is already a year ahead of schedule to finsih high school. His dedication is great both on and off theice as you can tell from his play and his schooliing.

He will be a NHLer for sure, probably a 2nd or 3rd line centre with some offensive upside and he isn't shy or afraid to play the physical side of the game or drop the gloves if needed. My insight says he will be a 20 goal scorer to a 50 point + player in the NHL, probably best suited to play in the East because it is more his style.

He has definetly moved up in the scouting lists thats for sure, many teams have him moved up too..he is making teams and scouts take notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad