Anyone televising US - Canada exhibition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK Benny

Jul 13, 2004
Does anyone know if this game will be televised? It's being played in Columbus so is there a Fox Ohio station that may show it? I'm assuming CBC will televise in Canada.

think-blue-

Sep 28, 2002
Visit site
I know LeafsTV will air it and all the other Canadian exhibition games for those in Ontario who have access to it.

CBC will not air it.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
is CBC showing the exhibition games? i havnt heard anything about it, and ive been watching CBC a lot lately on account of the olympics

uzziman

Nov 6, 2002
Abby
Visit site
victoriacanucker said:
So no one is showing the game on the TV tommorow?

If so, I think CBC dropped the ball on this one. I, and many others I'm sure, am going through my annual hockey withdrawls and would certainly welcome any extra hockey coverage.

Dizzy

May 24, 2003
Windsor, ON
Visit site
uzziman said:
If so, I think CBC dropped the ball on this one. I, and many others I'm sure, am going through my annual hockey withdrawls and would certainly welcome any extra hockey coverage.

It's called the Olympics. CBC is going to have all the meaningful games, I'm not surprised they're not showing the exhibition games.

BCCHL inactive

uzziman said:
If so, I think CBC dropped the ball on this one.

How so? All of CBC's commentary staff (with the exception of CFL colour man Chris Walby) is in Athens, Greece for the Olympic Games.

perrykaravello

John Garrett's Peanut Butter Jar
Aug 15, 2004
I can almost guarentee people would rather watch an exhibition game between Canada and America compared to taped olympic coverage.

BCCHL inactive

victoriacanucker said:
I can almost guarentee people would rather watch an exhibition game between Canada and America compared to taped olympic coverage.

Maybe, but the Olympics will make a lot more money than one hockey game. Do you honestly expect CBC to shorten its Athens commentary staff just because of one exhibition game?

Anybody criticizing CBC for not televising this exhibition game is nuts.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Went to the Team USA practice today, and on the boards were signs that said "Leafs TV". They were in the four corners of the rink...so one could assume that Leafs TV will be carrying the game...

perrykaravello

Aug 15, 2004
Is Leafs Tv only in Ontario or is it all around Canada , cause if so i'll be making the trip to Boston Pizza tommorow and watching the game with some buds.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
victoriacanucker said:
Is Leafs Tv only in Ontario or is it all around Canada , cause if so i'll be making the trip to Boston Pizza tommorow and watching the game with some buds.

I'm pretty sure, if you have a satellite, you can get LeafsTV. I'm sure every pub/bar/restaurant with a satellite (which is usually all of them) will have this game on tomorrow.

perrykaravello

Aug 15, 2004
Yeah I hope so , I was looking at the Channels that are available here in BC through Bell ExpressVu and they had Raptors TV , no Leafs TV. I don't see why they think more people would rather watch a basketball network than a hockey network.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
victoriacanucker said:
Yeah I hope so , I was looking at the Channels that are available here in BC through Bell ExpressVu and they had Raptors TV , no Leafs TV. I don't see why they think more people would rather watch a basketball network than a hockey network.

You can get Leafs TV in BC if you're resourceful enough. ;)

perrykaravello

Aug 15, 2004
Sportsnet will be showing the August 28th game between Canada and Slovakia , all regions will be able to see it with the exception of Ontario , I guess because Leafs TV has the broadcast rights in Ontario to that game.

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/tvschedule/index.php?region=ONTARIO&schedDate=20040828

Interesting why they don't show today's game or Wednesday's , oh well I can't complain , I get to see hockey sooner than I expected.

Jovo Cop

What do mean ..resourcefull enough ..i guess you just have to know the AVR of Bell . :)

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
uzziman said:

i can't blame CBC when there's olympics going on, but i'm really dissapointed that tsn, sportsnet or the score arent airing the games. unless they were unable to get the contract or whatever, i think they've missed a big opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->