Anyone saw Shishkanov this year ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
According to his stats it seem good , producing as much as teammate Scotty Upshall .

I"d like to get some info from someone who saw him play or saw any recent scout report , thx .

AgentNaslund*

alot of players are producing more then Upshall. Would u like a scouting report on those guys too?

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
AgentNaslund said:
alot of players are producing more then Upshall. Would u like a scouting report on those guys too?

You just love trolling, don't you? Keep doing it. Problems like that take care of themselves.

At any rate, to answer the question that was initially asked before the clowning, Shishkanov's got skills to spare...and often displays them. He's big and he's got some crazy moves...but the big knock on him is that he needs to shoot more. When he shoots...it seems to almost always go in..but it's as if he's constantly looking for the perfect shot, and it got him benched at one point. I'm not overly concerned about it because he's still putting up decent numbers, but it can be frustrating at times, because he's overall probably the most skilled scorer on the team. As for Upshall..it's hard to gauge his production because he's always injured.

X-SHARKIE

Shiskanov is arguably the most impressive prospect in Milwaukee IMO. He's feisty, physical player who is also a leader apparently for the team. He also has some great hands, he's a good skater, great playmaker with a great shot.

I love him as a good 2nd line forward. Nashville will love him.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I've got a lot bigger knocks on him than just not shooting enough.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
SmokeyClause said:
Yeah, but you only saw him during the playoffs where he was still nursing a wicked ankle injury.
And twice in the NHL, and once at the WJCs.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Jacobv2 said:
You've got an excuse for everything, huh.

haha, it's not an "excuse." i mean...*I* know better, but if someone asked for an informed opinion...it's better to try to save him from getting his impressions from someone with a very limited exposure to the guy. There are a lot of guys in Milwaukee that can be detracted...Hutchinson, Finley, Gamache and even Hamhuis and Tootoo this year...but since he's been there, Shishkanov hasn't been one of them.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I guess I should wait for that special moment when Shishkanov decides to play to his potential to actually watch and evaluate him, then.

What

Dec 8, 2004
Jacobv2 said:
I guess I should wait for that special moment when Shishkanov decides to play to his potential to actually watch and evaluate him, then.

You have a point, but then again.......you are also using backwards logic. If a guy is injured, you simply cannot gauge how well he can play or what type of potential he has, especially if he is coming off of a major ankle injury. Furthermore, watching him play 6 minutes a game with a coach that has proven he does not give young players ice-time is not going to give you an oppurtunity to gauge his talent very well. Therefore, I would have to agree with the other Nashville fans here that your analysis simply should not be given much weight in comparison to other sources. Whether or not what they say is correct, is totally irrelevent in that regard (albeit you still could be correct despite your skewed viewpoint).

Hopefully my point has been made in a non-"trollish" manner ;).

What

Dec 8, 2004
Jacobv2 said:
I didn't actually make any analysis.

Ahh, then I guess your just making inconsequential comments that should be treated as random rambling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->