Anyone nothing anything on Ryan McDonagh?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Ryan McDonagh, 17, has decided not to accept an offer from the U.S. National Team Development hockey program in Ann Arbor, Mich., and will return to defending state champion Cretin-Derham Hall for his senior year.

McDonagh, an A student who has committed to the University of Wisconsin and could be a first-round pick in next year's NHL draft, will play in the Czech Republic with the U.S. junior national team next month. Wisconsin has recommended that he continue to play multiple sports in high school

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/columnists/charley_walters/15101759.htm

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Granted these are rumors. But the gophers are still suposedly trying to lure him away from WI, a la a Hagemo.

As i see him right now. He is just yet another one of those MN HS that wants to stay. He looks really good right now. He is also on a very good team. CDH is fairly deep and can roll lines and wear down teams. The stars on the team can be fresher. As supposed to the A schools and some of the northern AA schools where they may only play 2 lines and 4 d men in big games.

Its really hard to tell how good he is or can be. In the last few drafts a good number of MN HSers have been taken and the league itself has risen up. Even players like EJ, Mueller and company played MN HS as freshmen and i think sophmores. With d men its even harder. If he can play like he is. Solid at both ends at the next level. Then yeah he can be great. But if he is just getting by on natural ability and inferior competion night and night out. He will fall.

This tourney should paint a much better picture of his abilities.

5mn Major

Jan 14, 2006
Granted these are rumors. But the gophers are still suposedly trying to lure him away from WI, a la a Hagemo.

As i see him right now. He is just yet another one of those MN HS that wants to stay. He looks really good right now. He is also on a very good team. CDH is fairly deep and can roll lines and wear down teams. The stars on the team can be fresher. As supposed to the A schools and some of the northern AA schools where they may only play 2 lines and 4 d men in big games.

Its really hard to tell how good he is or can be. In the last few drafts a good number of MN HSers have been taken and the league itself has risen up. Even players like EJ, Mueller and company played MN HS as freshmen and i think sophmores. With d men its even harder. If he can play like he is. Solid at both ends at the next level. Then yeah he can be great. But if he is just getting by on natural ability and inferior competion night and night out. He will fall.

This tourney should paint a much better picture of his abilities.

I don't know the extent that they are trying to 'lure' him away from WI vs. the fact that it would be a mutual decision. Coaches rarely try to sell prospects who have commited to other schools...McDonagh is the guy who would make it more than a 2 second proposal.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
I think it is more like they are leaving the offer on the table. And it is known that we would like him to be a gopher. I did not want it to sound like we are showering him. Or maybe making some super effort.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->