Anyone had problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Anyone had problems installing the new Editor. I know some of you have. The most common problem has been

Component Comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

If you had this problem and solved this, others will be deeply grateful. *Looks at Sean K*

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
I have installed the GM Editor but I seem to have another problem. I cant find Tampa Bay Lightning anywhere. Can someone find my team? Florida Panthers is another team that can not be found. Did I install the wrong files or whats up?

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Tampa GM said:
I have installed the GM Editor but I seem to have another problem. I cant find Tampa Bay Lightning anywhere. Can someone find my team? Florida Panthers is another team that can not be found. Did I install the wrong files or whats up?

Do you see 3 divisions in each conference? If not, then you either have the wrong version, or something is very wrong. The actual name of the program you are opening should be GMEditor_v1.5beta1.

Last edited:

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
I have now manage to find Tampa Bay and create my first line for the season. Now to the next problem. I have saved my lines several times now but I cant find the files anywhere on my computer. Whats wrong this time?

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
The GM Editor version 1.5 beta is just a new exe file, meaning it doesn't come with the install files and everything needed for it to work on your computer.

What you need to do is first install the old GM Editor, then get the new 1.5 beta version GM Editor and extract that file to the directory that the old GM Editor was installed to. Then you have to be sure to open up the new 1.5 beta .exe file instead of the old GM Editor that'll be on your start menu. That should get it working.

Martin, your lines file should be something like Lightening.lns and be in the GM Editor directory, which is probably C:\Program Files\GM Editor or wherever you installed it to.

Game on!
Mike McEwan
LA Kings

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Dempsey said:
The GM Editor version 1.5 beta is just a new exe file, meaning it doesn't come with the install files and everything needed for it to work on your computer.

What you need to do is first install the old GM Editor, then get the new 1.5 beta version GM Editor and extract that file to the directory that the old GM Editor was installed to. Then you have to be sure to open up the new 1.5 beta .exe file instead of the old GM Editor that'll be on your start menu. That should get it working.

Martin, your lines file should be something like Lightening.lns and be in the GM Editor directory, which is probably C:\Program Files\GM Editor or wherever you installed it to.

Game on!
Mike McEwan
LA Kings

Where can I find the old GM Editor? I did re install my computer a few weeks ago and I guess its missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad