Anyone find it ironic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murphy*

I dont get why you're so obssesed with these jerseys. It's not the end of the world and they looked fine.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Metallian said:
...that the only team that didn't wear the Nike Swift jerseys, was the one that won the Olympics?

Just food for thought ;)

The Swiss didn't have them either

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Murphy said:
I dont get why you're so obssesed with these jerseys. It's not the end of the world and they looked fine.

just a testament to how these are supposed to make players perform better, while instead the team that used the old ones won

just an observation

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Peter_Schaefer said:
I don't think anybody should be allowed to use the word irony without first passing a test proving that they understand its definition.
I like when my wife does laundry and my shirts feel irony afterwards.

Did I pass?

RTWAP*

Peter_Schaefer said:
I don't think anybody should be allowed to use the word irony without first passing a test proving that they understand its definition.
Dictionary.com defines irony as "Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs:"

???

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
RalfTheWiseNPowerful said:
Dictionary.com defines irony as "Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs:"

???

Irony is completely appropriate.

Everybody is an english professor it seems. :help:

The two (I thought the Finns didn't use them either but I forget now) that didn't use the "performance" jerseys did well. While the Swiss didn't medal, they did alot better than they were expected. I personally just think they are hideous.

WingerFan

Oct 20, 2004
St. Catharines
These jerseys werent gonna automatically make us win gold, or like all of a sudden turn everyone into gretkzy's or bobby orrs! they were there to increase the speed, less grabbing, less clutching. all the aerodynamics.. their purpose was not to create 20 unbelievable players for each team. the best team won.. they could have been naked (with cups im sure) and if they still played the way they did, the swedes still woulda won.. thats that.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
Toonces said:
Irony is completely appropriate.

Everybody is an english professor it seems. :help:

The two (I thought the Finns didn't use them either but I forget now) that didn't use the "performance" jerseys did well. While the Swiss didn't medal, they did alot better than they were expected. I personally just think they are hideous.

Still not ironic (or even interesting). It's not like the other teams didn't perform at all, they did, just not well enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad