Anyone else worried about Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The Leafs don't play the Panthers again until March 28th. I will be shocked if by that time they have not clinched their playoff spot and at least 3rd in the Atlantic. Plus maybe by that time the Panthers will have lost any chances they have at either of the two Wild Card positions.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
That's a pace of 12-3-1 for them to finish the season. Are you telling me you think the Panthers could finish with 25 points in their last 16 games, but the Leafs can get at least 13 points in 13?
Yes... Florida will continue on their current pace.

Hard to know how many points ww finish with. Great statement game vs. Pit... Hopefully we can keep playing like that.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Ottawa scores 2 late third period goals and lead 5-3. There is about a couple minutes left.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Ottawa scores 2 late third period goals and lead 5-3. There is about a couple minutes left.

That's hockey for you...Florida is scorching hot at home, but can't even get a point against the lowly Senators with 3 mins left in the 3rd...3 back of NJ with 2 games in hand.

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
Yes... Florida will continue on their current pace.

Hard to know how many points ww finish with. Great statement game vs. Pit... Hopefully we can keep playing like that.

To leapfrog the Leafs the Panthers have to win 7 more games than the Leafs over the last stretch of games. It isn't happening. Not even a little bit. The Leafs would have to go under 500 while the Panthers win out. Not a chance.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I can't believe people think leafs fans overrate and overhype our team. No other fans in the world would have an "are you worried?" thread when looking at a 99.98% chance of making the playoffs

Reactions: Loosie and bionic

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I can't believe people think leafs fans overrate and overhype our team. No other fans in the world would have an "are you worried?" thread when looking at a 99.98% chance of making the playoffs

Yeah, teams make up 12 points in the last 15 games all the time...against well rested teams who play more than half of their remaining games against Buffalo (they definitely won't beat us 3 times), Montreal (2), Detroit and NYI, and also themselves and Jersey, who were also better than.

My prediction? We go 7-5-1, 102 points, a conservative .577 pace compared to the .630 we've been at all season.

Last edited:

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I get it boys, we're still gun shy due to our 18-wheelers going off cliffs and 4-1 game 7 3rd period leads...but this ain't the same team.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007

Odds. I don't care about odds. I wonder what the odds were of us losing Game 7 against Boston with 11 minutes to go and a 3-goal lead.

I just can't feel comfortable until Florida's chances are completely extinguished. I've seen things.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Florida will make the playoffs, but they'll be a good 10pts behind the leafs.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
To leapfrog the Leafs the Panthers have to win 7 more games than the Leafs over the last stretch of games. It isn't happening. Not even a little bit. The Leafs would have to go under 500 while the Panthers win out. Not a chance.

Ya, after tonight, that's probably not happening anymore.

I didn't expect the Leafs to beat the Pens and I didn't expect Florida to lose to Ottawa.

Had those two things happened, Florida would have only been 8 points behind us with 2 games in hand, plus one game against us before the end of the season.

But now that we've got a 12 point lead with only 2 more games played... I doubt they catch us. If they beat us in regulation when we play, they could get close.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
But now that we've got a 12 point lead with only 2 more games played... I doubt they catch us. If they beat us in regulation when we play, they could get close.
The Leafs don't play the Panthers until March 28th which is still 3 weeks away, so by that time I would think the Leafs would have clinched their playoff spot and locked up 3rd place in the Atlantic. So let's hope that game does not mean anything.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
We shouldn't be worrying about Florida taking the 3rd Divisional spot, but I wouldn't mind them taking the bottom wild card spot. A hot Florida team would give TB more of a challenge in the first round than a stagnating NJ.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I'm worried about Columbus.

I've already assumed that Florida will pass us in the standings... I just want to stay ahead of Columbus for the last wildcard spot.

Big games tonight... Avs vs. B.Jackets ... and Panthers vs. Canadians.

Regulation losses would really hurt their chances of catching us... but wins tonight for both teams brings us yet another step closer to the improbable.

I'm more worried that Columbus is picking up 2 more points. They are the only team I care about at this point. Florida for sure finishing ahead of us now.

I want a playoff sweat. And I smell one coming.

I think we'll keep losing and Florida and Columbus will keep winning.

Babcock will be faced with the possibility of an epic collapse and finally moves Hyman down the lineup. We start winning. Matthews comes back and we get a wildcard spot or maybe just pull back ahead of Florida right near the end. Then we go on to win the cup with our full roster and optimal line combos.

Anyways. I see the collapse unfolding... but I think we'll get our **** together before it's too late. Looking forward to the panic that will ensue in a week or two though. That should be fun.

If the Leafs go 7-7... that's fine.

I'm more worried about us going 3-11

I just came by for one last LOL at this ridiculous thread. :laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->