Anyone check out sidneycrosby.com lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
As most of you know, that URL belongs to a site about a dumb little turtle whose owner named it Sidney Crosby.

It's hillarious to think about how big of a loser this person must be. Not to mention filthy stinking rich....apparently there have been a few offers to purchase the web site but the owner is obviously begining to have some sort of mental breakdown. They have now posted a PUBLIC NOTICE in which they threaten to pursue harrasment charges against people who offer to buy the site (hahahha, talk about no leg to stand on legally...)

Here's a quote from that public notice:

"There is no price tag on this site. It does not matter if you offer 1 cent or 10 million; it is not for sale and DO NOT CONTACT ME! This site will always be about a little turtle. "

That last part kills me. :lol

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
That's damn smart of someone to think of that, I remember in a class I was in a couple of years ago my prof telling me this is all the rage, trying to create a site with a name that someone else will want to use in a few years.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
I just e-mailed the web master to be a dink...

"I know Sidney has exceptional talent but is he big enough to become a superstar?? And can he stick handle through traffic and dig in the corners??? How big do red-eared sliders get???

Can I buy your site?"

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
TMac21 said:
That's damn smart of someone to think of that, I remember in a class I was in a couple of years ago my prof telling me this is all the rage, trying to create a site with a name that someone else will want to use in a few years.

It's very smart if you do it to sell it off and make a good profit, but these clowns obviously aren't interested in that.

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004
or maybe this guy is already filthy rich and has enough money to waste to buy a domain for his turtle, hmm interesting concept

Dr_Chimera*

I did the same thing five years ago, only I got all the domains for Mike Rupp - like Mike Rupp.com

I lost money.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
Mick_Travis said:
I did the same thing five years ago, only I got all the domains for Mike Rupp - like Mike Rupp.com

I lost money.

Lol.... Mike Rupp, someone should get Marek Svatos he looks to be a promising young star in a year or 2

And SidneyCrosby.com, im sure the owner will sell it and im sure he isnt rich, because if he was rich he would hire someone to build him a good site unlike this one plus some pictures he has of the turtle are in a bucket and if he was RICH and loved his turtle so much to build him 2 websites he would build his damn turtle a nice place to live . I bet in time he will sell it when Crosby hits 100 pts etc.... but that would really suck if Crosby became a huge BUST :handclap:

Last edited:

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
I can't imagine the owner caring much about hockey, from the looks of it, he doesn't seem to care much about a player on Rimouski. And from the looks of the web, "reserving" NHL players names as website addresses doesn't seem to be too popular (maybe because it isn't financially worth it).

Using the name and adding a .com I've found that:
Wayne Gretzky has a website (through Upper Deck)
Mario Lemieux does (but is appears to be down)
Steve Yzerman does (but just opening)
Pavel Bure sorta does (webmail...looks like a squatter)
Joe Sakic has a squatter there
Eric Lindros has a squatter
Mats Sundin has a squatter
Ilya Kovalchuk has a squatter

Peter Forsberg doesn't
Brett Hull doesn't
Sergei Fedorov doesn't
Curtis Joseph doesn't
Martin Brodeur doesn't

the fact that so many players (just put in whoever crossed my mind) have squatters there even after so many years in the league leads me to think that most players aren't too concerned about it...

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
This is Eddie all the way from Singapore. Eddie is not a turtle but if I was in the water with him I would chomp on his legs. Watch out Eddie! Sidney is coming. Crosby The Chomper. :lol

MagnusJondus

Great Merican Hero
Mar 25, 2002
Ben Avon Hts, PA
I believe there is actually a law passed about this concerning "squating" on domain names. I remember it being passed over when Courtney Love took it too a higher court about someone having curtkobain.com or something similar.

The law makes it so people can claim their domain name as property and challenge someone for it, where the court may take the name away and give it to its rightful owner.

Its alot of legal work and will cost alot of money to do, but precedent exists for Sidney or anyone for that matter having their rightful domain name without having to but it back.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
MagnusJondus said:
I believe there is actually a law passed about this concerning "squating" on domain names. I remember it being passed over when Courtney Love took it too a higher court about someone having curtkobain.com or something similar.

The law makes it so people can claim their domain name as property and challenge someone for it, where the court may take the name away and give it to its rightful owner.

Its alot of legal work and will cost alot of money to do, but precedent exists for Sidney or anyone for that matter having their rightful domain name without having to but it back.

but this sidneycrosby.com isn't squatting
it just happens to be a turtle that is named the same as a talented hockey playing kid
there's no legal reason why this guy and his turtle should be forced to give up the domain name

electric

Jan 16, 2004
Back from Italy
forbesy said:
but this sidneycrosby.com isn't squatting
it just happens to be a turtle that is named the same as a talented hockey playing kid
there's no legal reason why this guy and his turtle should be forced to give up the domain name

But it's obvious that he named his turtle after the hockey player... how many people in the world do you think are named Sidney Crosby?

I bet this guy also has a cat named Mario Lemieux, a snake named Peter Forsberg and a tarantula named Jamie Storr. Maybe he should try getting domains for them too.

SwOOsh*

He made it a personal site for that reason, so that there is no legal reason he "has" to give it up for. If he had pictures of the real Crosby playing hockey etc. then it could be taken away from him.

Burberry Manning

Feb 27, 2002
Summit NJ-The Elite
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
I love this website...who ever made this is one smart hockey fan and could bring in some cash soon if he wants.

I still get the kick out of the hole website...I may be the only or one of the few on here...but I think it's hilarious. PLUS! I love TUrtles :)
Turtles are really cool, but this guy is not.

hockeyglove

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
WVUCanesFan said:
nope. cambarker.com is accually somewhat hockey related, the guy who owns it is an agent.

I'm not sure he is an agent or what exactly he is. He has a very bizarre website there. He talks about relatives kidnapping his son, the state of Pennsylvania conspiring against him, sells items on ebay and the list goes on. Looks more like a flake to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->