Anybody Been To Rick Heinz Hockey and Goalie Schools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

handtrick

Sep 18, 2004
Chattanooga, TN
Thinking about sending my three sons to the Rick Heinz Hockey and Goalie Schools this summer in Nashville. One of my sons is a goalie, age 9. My other two are players age 7 and 11. All have played roller hockey for 2 1/2 years, and are good ice skaters, but only limited experience playing ice hockey, because of lack of facilities in our immediate area.

Anybody had any experience with these schools?

RSBPC

Jan 19, 2005
handtrick said:
Absolutely....just looking to see if anyone had been before and if it was a good experience.

I went to his summer camp...I had a great time and I learned a lot about goaltending. I'm not sure how much it has changed since I went (about 12 years ago) so I can't vouch for how good it is now...I had a balst back then though.

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
I always had to chose between this camp and the Penn State Ice Hockey camp and always went to Penn State for a week. For now I would send them to the Rick camp because of age but starting around 12-13 years old I would try the Penn State camp. Yes it seems far from nashville but it is really only two trips for you (one on monday and one on friday of the week) or you can stay there at a hotel and watch.

I was going from south east PA but I knew people coming from as far was as the carolina's to go to the camp. Its pretty cheap, 3 time slots per day and an extra slot just for goalies. The whole coaching staff of the PSU team and most of the players were there to help too along with other schools coaches. They not only taught hockey but off ice training, team building, and college hockey info. None of which the Rick camp does.

RedK

Dec 2, 2002
Visit site
I know several kids who went and had a good experience, but much depends on the local school. They usually employ a lot of local high school age kids and shooters to do the teaching, so your results are hit or miss. Doesn't Mitch Korn do a camp down there? He has such a sterling reputation, and is actually on the ice for his camps, unlike Heinz. For your money, he may be a better bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad