Anybody actually like Sean Burke on CBC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
Ya, he's not made for TV, IMO. He's quiet and his opinion comes off as weak (although he can make some decent points). I mean.... compare him to Pierre McGuire and you'll see why Pierre has a full time job for TSN and Burke is a filler on CBC (well, that and he plays, lol - but I don't see him with much of a future).

Feb 24, 2004
Sean Burke is not as good as JR, but he is definately not that bad. I don't mind him actually.

Aarex

Feb 29, 2004
Regina, Saskatchewan
sure like him more then kelly rudey, Kelly does a fantastic job of analyzing plays to talk about during the break, but after when hes just chit chatting it sounds like he has no idea about any piece of hockey

Leafer72*

Re

Maybe CBC should replace Hrudey with Sean Burke to have the Burke de Burke report with Ron MacLean

NYI

Jul 19, 2004
i agree with the guy above Hrudey rules, i like Hrudey better then Don Cherry

NYI

Jul 19, 2004
arrbez said:
i really like sean burke there, more than hrudey

yeah but has Sean Burke ever been on Reading Rainbow:P

i thought not

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
NYI said:
Hrudey looks comfortable on camera, Burke seems timid
Hrudy looked the same when he started several seasons ago. Give Burke time, he has alot of knowledge about the game.

NYI

Jul 19, 2004
Canadian_man said:
Are you serious???

"Made guest appearance on the PBS show "Reading Rainbow" during summer of 1987 in a segment where he offered goaltending tips to the show's host, LeVar Burton."

i remember once flipping the channels and catching this, i flipped out because i was an Islanders fan and Hrudey was my fav player, i wish i still had that 5 minute segment on tape

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
It's not like Hrudey was that brilliant when he first started on CBC. I remember him staring directly in the camera and not showing much emotion the first couple times he hosted his segment during the playoffs.

NYI

Jul 19, 2004
Canadian_man said:
I should also point out that Burke's suits look ten sizes to big on him.

which Burke are we talking about? I was refering to Sean Burke. I will say this for either Burke, at least neither fo them seem to be Leaf Homers, so that makes them that much better then Cherry in my books, just not Hrudey:P

Jacques Plante

Aug 29, 2004
Montreal--Downtown
I myself like both Burkes. They both bring interesting viewpoints to the game. i think they're excellent editions by the CBC.

Let's look at what they did this summer

Dumped Glenn Healy, who was absolutely brutal.

Picked up Sean and Brian Burke. Both are smart hockey people.

Now if they could only get rid of Greg Millen...

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
NYI said:
which Burke are we talking about? I was refering to Sean Burke. I will say this for either Burke, at least neither fo them seem to be Leaf Homers, so that makes them that much better then Cherry in my books, just not Hrudey:P

This thread is about Sean, not Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->