Any update on Connor Brown?

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
i'm pretty sure indefinitely usually means around 3 months at the very least, he won't be back for awhile no matter how you define "indefinitely" unfortunately. IMO he'll play maybe the last 20 games of the season + playoffs at the very least. Kinda a sad injury to see being as he was able to produce last year with a much worse team, im sure he would love to be playing with this current squad.

mikebel111*

Its not 3 months. Last I heard it was 6-8 weeks near the time of the injury

Expect him back 2nd week of December or mid December

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Jaden Schwartz of the Blues suffered a similar injury blocking a shot and fracturing a bone in his ankle and his timeline is listed as 12 weeks to return.

Brown being listed as "out indefinitely" suggests long-term without the ability of the medical staff to put a "weeks" return due to the uncertainty.

The injury happened at the beginning of November so I wouldn't think we will be hearing much about a return date until 2016 at least for an unpdate on progress and then it all depends on how fast a healer Brown is.

The estimation is somewhere between 2-4 months time at present.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Probably will start skating sometime early/midDecember. Likely back a good week or two after he starts skating.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
They teach d-men to block shots straight on so the padding in the fronts of the foot/ankle/leg can absorb the impact rather than turning and laying your leg down. Blocking a pass is different from blocking a shot. Painful lesson.

The hard part is getting the swelling down and getting the joint working again. The scar tissue that develops inside a joint is really painful to work out. The psychology of coming back from a painful break in an exposed area like the ankle is also brutal.

All the best to Brownie though - he is a determined guy by all accounts.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
They teach d-men to block shots straight on so the padding in the fronts of the foot/ankle/leg can absorb the impact rather than turning and laying your leg down. Blocking a pass is different from blocking a shot. Painful lesson.

The hard part is getting the swelling down and getting the joint working again. The scar tissue that develops inside a joint is really painful to work out. The psychology of coming back from a painful break in an exposed area like the ankle is also brutal.

All the best to Brownie though - he is a determined guy by all accounts.

I learned this lesson last night... blocked a slapshot off in the inside of my foot, was able to finish the game in pain but can barely walk this morning:laugh: this was a mens league game, i can only imagine an AHL calibre shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad