Any Positions Available?

Al

Jun 24, 2007
I would like to join the HFNHL.

My name is Al Sylvestre. I am currently a GM in 5 FHL sim leagues, as well as being a scout in another. I have an in depth knowledge of the OHL and a number of NHL teams. Let me know if anything is available.

FHL Resume:

NASHL New Jersey Devils
-Standings
-Team
-Playoff Tree

NSHL Atlanta Thrashers
-Standings
-Team

DFHL Montreal Maroons
-Standings
-Team

RHL Atlanta Flames (Off-Season in Progress)
-Final Standings
-Year 1 Team
-Current Team

Last edited:

Al

Jun 24, 2007
Unfortunately, there's historically a short-term spike around draft day - but this league is all about sustained participation, so the "passing interests" guys are not what we're looking for. Someone who takes the time to follow our league, comment on it, do scouting for someone, etc... - THAT's what we're looking for in a future GM.

My $0.02.

Saw this in another thread and just wanted to let you guys know I'm not one of those "passing interest" guys. The resume I posted above will show that I've been with most of my teams for more than a season (just started with FHL around December-January). One of the leagues I am in, the DFHL, has quite a lengthy waiting list, and I was able to get sponsored by a number of GMs in the league and made the top of the list fairly quickly. There was some controversy early on when I joined the DFHL that I was doing fire sales and ruining my team, but the franchise has become the strongest it's been in almost 8 seasons under my lead, and I intend to continue that trend over the next few seasons. I also intend to create a league of my own in the near future. I hope you will see from all of this that I am dedicated to my FHL teams, and I look forward to joining the HFNHL sometime in the future.

Al

Jun 24, 2007
Just thought I'd post my e-mail and MSN here in case anyone is interested in taking me on as maybe a scout or AGM or something along those lines.

So, if anyone would like to talk to me about a post here in the HFNHL, my MSN and e-mail is [email protected]. You could also post in here, as I have been checking this forum quite often since I joined it.

Al

Jun 24, 2007
Well, I'll be leaving the one that I didn't list in the resume soon, as it doesn't have a forum or anything that is easily accessible to GMs, making it difficult for GMs to communicate, and it is a far less active league I find.

Also, with the exception of the DFHL, they're less organized than HFNHL, as there are no AGMs or anything like that. They also use generated players in the drafts, but we're forced to do a little scouting though too (not given OV ratings until after draft), and the off-seasons all conveniently happen to fall at different times for the most part.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad