OT: Any outdoor rinks open in YEG?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
It's a beautiful Saturday afternoon and I feel like taking my kids skating. Are any outdoor rinks open yet?

After all the freezing rain and melt/freeze cycle there is a great sheet of ice on my driveway.

Its a bit slanted but plenty of puck marks on the garage door from when my kids were little so cant do any more damage there...

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Most rinks in the city should be opened. I've been a few times..

Right now they may not be due to the weather this week.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
After all the freezing rain and melt/freeze cycle there is a great sheet of ice on my driveway.

Its a bit slanted but plenty of puck marks on the garage door from when my kids were little so cant do any more damage there...
oh with my shot your garage is safe

Reactions: Night Witch

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Lots of ODRs are already open! It's been great conditions this past week.
Lots of rinks now have a rule where kids under 18 have to wear helmets, so make sure your kids are well protected!

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I was tempted to start this thread!

Seeing people commenting that several are open, is there a list or does anyone know of any open in the SE? I know the two nearest me still aren't up yet.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
It's great knowing rinks are open... but which ones? My local community (Twin Brooks) rink is not open yet. I'm interested in more of the SW, but I think people from all parts of the city would be interested in knowing.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Lots of ODRs are already open! It's been great conditions this past week.
Lots of rinks now have a rule where kids under 18 have to wear helmets, so make sure your kids are well protected!
I'm a little surprised that it wasn't already a rule. I remember years ago that some of the rinks you had to have a helmet regardless of age.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
I've seen the lights on in Lynnwood, the ice is probably crap right now due to the warmup last week. We need some colder weather!

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Anyone know of any south side rinks that are good to go, or we’re until this week?

I didn’t get out much last year, so I’ve gotta make up for it after this warm weather goes away.

chris11inter

Jul 18, 2007
Wanted to check in to see if any north side hockey rinks are open yet? Anyone know of any? I know Lago Lindo is closed and appears Castledowns is still closed as well

Draw Me a McElephant

Mar 9, 2011
Anybody have any updates on this? Haven't played this year and I'd love to find a rink with a decent turnout for a good game of shinny. Most places I've tried in the last couple of years have been dead quiet.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
Anybody have any updates on this? Haven't played this year and I'd love to find a rink with a decent turnout for a good game of shinny. Most places I've tried in the last couple of years have been dead quiet.

Not sure where you are located but Lynnwood and Willowby almost always have a decent size group playing. Lynnwood is for sure open and busy now (I drive by it every night)

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Not sure where you are located but Lynnwood and Willowby almost always have a decent size group playing. Lynnwood is for sure open and busy now (I drive by it every night)
I was just at Lynnwood yesterday.

Crestwood is also open.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad