Any opinions on young Jason King?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Looking for non-Canuck fans opinions of Jason King. I've seen him play for 9 NHL games now, and the 1 this season brought a beauty goal.

What type of player do you guys think he will be?

What type of potential does he have?

Is he good enough to play 70 games this year?

Can he score 20 goals this year?

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I think he'll never be more then a 3rd liner in the NHL...

I could've put the puck past Turek when the Sedin sister put it on my stick in the first game...

King's not bad...but he's not Top 6 material....Not now, not ever....

RE-HABS

Feb 27, 2002
CANADA
Qubax said:
I think he'll never be more then a 3rd liner in the NHL...

I could've put the puck past Turek when the Sedin sister put it on my stick in the first game...

King's not bad...but he's not Top 6 material....Not now, not ever....
Kevin Dineen and others like Rob Brown benefited from playing with players like Francis and Lemieux and all were great contributers to their teams and had long productive careers, as long as the kid does his job and plays hockey there is nothing wrong with him doing the same playing with two talented brothers like the Sedins....maybe another kid is what they needed and not Klatt!!!

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
RE-HABS said:
Kevin Dineen and others like Rob Brown benefited from playing with players like Francis and Lemieux and all were great contributers to their teams and had long productive careers, as long as the kid does his job and plays hockey there is nothing wrong with him doing the same playing with two talented brothers like the Sedins....maybe another kid is what they needed and not Klatt!!!

Hold on a second.. the Sedin's are talentless softies remember ;)

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Mizral said:
Looking for non-Canuck fans opinions of Jason King. I've seen him play for 9 NHL games now, and the 1 this season brought a beauty goal.

What type of player do you guys think he will be?

What type of potential does he have?

Is he good enough to play 70 games this year?

Can he score 20 goals this year?

A guy I know who has seen him often is extremely high on King and has been for a good while now. He prefers him to Chuck Kobasew.

I haven't seen him as much as I would have liked, unfortunately. I can't say much except when I have seen him, he did seem like a guy who will be fit for the NHL eventually. Has all the tools to be a solid contributor and score some goals at this level. Nothing really stands out (except a solid scoring touch) but he just has all the attributes to be a pro.

20 goals is never out of question for a solid young scorer who clicks with teammates. Daniel did it in season 1 after all. Those passes by the twins on King's goal were absolutely amazing and if the Sedins do this all year, they can probably allow a linemate to reach 20 if all goes well.

Play 70 games? I don't know. Depends on who's hot and who's not. I think if the team goes in a slump, he could be one of the first victim of potential changes unless he is one of the good performers in those stretches. Reid is an energetic player who can bring some life and put things back on track so I expect him to be called up from time to time.

Vman

Mar 10, 2003
hfboards.com
Jason King after scoring his 1st NHL goal on Thursday night.
king_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->