Any Matt Pelech info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Default101

Saw him play Saturday/Nov/5 vs. Mississauga, he just returned from another injury, played a solid game, he's good on the powerplay as far as getting a shot off, he didn't in this game he just came back from shoulder problems, this guy gets hurt so many different ways, but if he finds a way to get healthy and stay healthy, i can not see why he can't play in the nhl he threw 2 huge hits in the game, i just moved from sarnia so i saw his first 2 years, as long as he can stay healthy he'll be a consistant, #2,3,4 defenceman in the NHL his offensive skills aren't quite what they were projected to be thus far in his career

Phanuthier*

What's his skating like?

Straight away, lateral, acceleration.

Also, if you have it... first pass, can he got a shot through traffic, wristers, slappers...

Actually, anything else general you have. Since we drafted him, I've searched the internet up and down about this guy and still don't know a thing about him. Apperently big, physical defenseman that can skate (but I've heard otherwise as well).

AgentNaslund*

all i know is he wont be on team Canada wjc. Feel free to use that as a measuring stick.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
AgentNaslund said:
all i know is he wont be on team Canada wjc. Feel free to use that as a measuring stick.
As an 18 year old it really isn't that big of a deal.

But thanks for the fact Brent.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
I haven't watched any Sarnia games for a few weeks now, but earlier in the season I was very unimpressed (see my post in the Flames Prospects Thread). I've been meaning to keep tabs on the guy.

He definitely likes to play physical, that's the first thing you notice, but he seems to like chasing guys, something that can be fixed with coaching and maturity. He's definitely got the size (even though he looks more lanky on TV than his weight would suggest).

Hopefully he can see some powerplay time (the games I saw I don't think he got any), which is something I don't like to see for a team's captain and what should be their #1 defenseman.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Phanuthier said:
What's his skating like?

Straight away, lateral, acceleration.

Also, if you have it... first pass, can he got a shot through traffic, wristers, slappers...

Actually, anything else general you have. Since we drafted him, I've searched the internet up and down about this guy and still don't know a thing about him. Apperently big, physical defenseman that can skate (but I've heard otherwise as well).
I've only seen him play once (during the Flames training camp) but he looked extremely sluggish and he was frequently out of the play. It was his first NHL training camp though and he's still only 18 years old so who knows. I've read reports that he's apparently a pretty decent skater for a big guy so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->