Any Draft Guru's Can You Give Me Some Info On Tom Mannino

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreek

Feb 28, 2002
New York
Visit site
Was a highly touted prospect coming into this season in the OHL. Battled mono this year and hasn't played much from what I have read. Was recently traded to the Spitfires. Is he 05 or 06 NHL Entry Draft eligible? Also does anyone have any sort of scouting report on him? Where do you see him going in the NHL draft? What type of player does he project to be and who does he compare to style wise? Thanks!

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
TheGreek said:
Was a highly touted prospect coming into this season in the OHL. Battled mono this year and hasn't played much from what I have read. Was recently traded to the Spitfires. Is he 05 or 06 NHL Entry Draft eligible? Also does anyone have any sort of scouting report on him? Where do you see him going in the NHL draft? What type of player does he project to be and who does he compare to style wise? Thanks!

I think I've seen a few threads on the NOOF board.
NOOF

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
He is definitely a '05.

In London, Mannino recieved very minimal ice time, even when he was healthy. He and his Family weren't afraid to let London know what they thought of Tom's PT either. This ultimately led to him being traded to Windsor, which should be better for his developement, as he should see a lot more ice time and he actually notched his first OHL goal in his debut with the Spits.

Scouting report: Mannino played defense all his life until he switched to forward last year in jr. B. In a pinch he can still be used as a defenseman and I'm sure growing up a defenseman will make him a very responsible forward in his own end. His hands are the reason for his hype, he's a good stickhandler and is a great passer, Mannino is very big, but not all of his size is warranted (nice way of saying he is out of shape) and his skating could be an issue as he moves up the ranks, if it is not improved upon.

We should start to get an idea of what Mannino is capable of, as he starts getting a regular shift in Windsor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad