any advice?

kdags8

Oct 17, 2015
rookie post here, not sure if this is applicable area to post but ill give it a shot!

From what i've read on some forums here, many european leagues have limits on import players. Ive also read many leagues have a tier II levels to some extent that still allow imports. I believe tier II would be the best place to start my journey. Does tier II pay import players ( saw there was a serie B in italy)

Have played collegiate (acha) hockey at 17 years old. (probably could have played div. III or even division I if i had the financial ability to post grad at prep or junior level, despite playing in many showcases for them)
-Played at US New england development camps and showcases multiple times.

25 years old now. In the gym more than ive ever been. Legs feel great. skills may need a little rust shaken off, but still strongly have the desire to search and continue playing.

Any advice to starting this approach? any feedback or direction would be more than appreciated.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
rookie post here, not sure if this is applicable area to post but ill give it a shot!

From what i've read on some forums here, many european leagues have limits on import players. Ive also read many leagues have a tier II levels to some extent that still allow imports. I believe tier II would be the best place to start my journey. Does tier II pay import players ( saw there was a serie B in italy)

Have played collegiate (acha) hockey at 17 years old. (probably could have played div. III or even division I if i had the financial ability to post grad at prep or junior level, despite playing in many showcases for them)
-Played at US New england development camps and showcases multiple times.

25 years old now. In the gym more than ive ever been. Legs feel great. skills may need a little rust shaken off, but still strongly have the desire to search and continue playing.

Any advice to starting this approach? any feedback or direction would be more than appreciated.

Im not a hockey player. But asuming, you are 25 years old, not much playing experience, i would say, you should focus to leagues in Belgium, Netherland, Spain ... Maybe they will give you a try.

kdags8

Oct 17, 2015
just looking for advice

not just another "north american player whos bad at hockey"
ive played in many showcases, have been selected to represent new england at development camps multiple years, played on teams with numerous division 1 commits and NHL drafted players.
sure, i could have played division 1 hockey, but when your expected to repeat and postgrad high school years at prep school level and costs (which i already knew i was that caliber player) followed by playing juniors (with whom ive played select teams on with players from those leagues and had more points than).. its difficult to expect your lower middle class family to put that type of dough up with no scholarship guarantee.. if you understand where im comming from. mix that in with personal struggle and you find yourself sidetracked outside of the game.

sure, i can go to mens leauge games and score 6 goals a night, but where does that get me? I cant allow myself to settle for that thinking what could have been. Yea, playing in Europe would be a dream come true, even if i had to work to play. I dont think im a stud thats gonna come and tear up top leagues, i just think i still have potential and i'd hate to see it wasted or regret not trying in years to follow.

thats the only reason im looking for advice or direction here.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
It's all well and good saying you've played in showcases and been in the gym but unless you've got a good hockey CV with a proven track record of playing in proper leagues, you aren't going to get a gig in Europe.

You can't just say "Oh I could have played Junior A or D1 college if I wanted", you have to have actually done so, otherwise it just sounds like a lot of excuses.

European leagues don't allow many foreign players per team, teams want foreign players who are proven and they know will be the standout players on their team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad