Prospect Info: Antti Palojärvi | Defenseman | Lukko U20 (Finnish Juniors) | 6th round, 186th overall

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
anttipalojarvi.jpg

Antti Palojärvi

Born: January 18, 1999 in Kouvola, Finland
Size: 6'1", 176 lbs
Shoots: Left

- Finnish defenseman who only this year established himself in the top junior league (totalling 2-11-13, 14 PIM, +3 in 55 games)
- also played 1 game for KeuPa in the 2nd tier pro Mestis league in 2016-17
- played 16 games (2-4-6, 8 PIM, +4) for Finland at the U16, U18 and U20 levels but was never picked for an IIHF tournament
- finished 2nd in penalties (102 in 45 games) in the 2015-16 Jr.B. season
- pre-draft rankings: unranked

From Patrik Allvin, Penguins Director of European Scouting:
“Antti’s more of a puck-moving defenseman. Probably needs a couple extra years there. I think He’s in a good situation up in Lukko in Northern Finland there. Was on the national team a little bit, but obviously the Finns had a really strong D corps. It’ll be tough for him to get on the World Junior team next year, but I think he’s still in the mix there. I’d definitely say a little bit of a longer-term prospect.”

Last edited:

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Here:

Antti Palojärvi

In case someone wants to fix the title.

Never mind, seems like the problem is on HF's end.

Now, a bit about Antti: A bit different to your usual Nordic D prospect. Plays with an edge to his game, but he can also score points. Started the 15-16 -season in KooKoo B-juniors with 8 points in 6 games.

Since then, he moved to Rauman Lukko organization and is currently a mainstay in their A-juniors, with probability of playing in Mestis (tier below FEL) next season. Could see some games in FEL if all goes well.

Also, he is apparently a fan of Blackhawks according to Ask.fm (over a year ago, so might've changed). His banner image was that of an unidentified Bruins player though, and his Facebook had the Flyers logo as one of the images. So, who knows. Just some tidbits.

Still, he is an interesting prospect. Not surprised to see him drafted in late rounds, but he might've gone unclaimed as well. I reckon he'll be in FEL by 18-19 season, if all goes well, and might then move to NA if he continues to progress.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Here:

Antti Palojärvi

Now, a bit about Antti: A bit different to your usual Nordic D prospect. Plays with an edge to his game, but he can also score points. Started the 15-16 -season in KooKoo B-juniors with 8 points in 6 games.

Since then, he moved to Rauman Lukko organization and is currently a mainstay in their A-juniors, with probability of playing in Mestis (tier below FEL) next season. Could see some games in FEL if all goes well.

Also, he is apparently a fan of Blackhawks according to Ask.fm (over a year ago, so might've changed). His banner image was that of an unidentified Bruins player though, and his Facebook had the Flyers logo as one of the images. So, who knows. Just some tidbits.

Still, he is an interesting prospect. Not surprised to see him drafted in late rounds, but he might've gone unclaimed as well. I reckon he'll be in FEL by 18-19 season, if all goes well, and might then move to NA if he continues to progress.

Help.

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Here:

Antti Palojärvi

Never mind, seems like the problem is on HF's end.

Thanks for the post.
I didn't get to read it because I couldn't stop staring at your avatar. It was really freaking me out. Those eyes locked onto mine and it took all of my strength and willpower to move the mouse a few inches and apply enough strength to my finger to click the button....is it somehow an enchanted avatar and what is the little guys name?

TheSlave

May 22, 2009
Praha, CZ
From Patrik Allvin, Penguins Director of European Scouting:
“Antti’s more of a puck-moving defenseman. Probably needs a couple extra years there. I think He’s in a good situation up in Lukko in Northern Finland there."

Lukko is in Northern Finland? Sure, little bit like Pittsburgh is in Eastern Pennsylvania :shakehead

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
**** yeah Finland.

I know nothing about this kid and I'm not going to make stuff up, I just love that we're actually drafting Europeans :laugh:

Over half of the draft picks made under Rutherford have been European (11 out of 21).
Breakdown: Finland: 4, Sweden: 2, Russia, Czech Republic, Germany, Netherlands, Slovenia: 1 each.

8 out of those 11 were drafted out of European Leagues, for that matter. (Sprong, Tiffels and Pavlychev being the exceptions).

What a dramatic difference from Shero (9 Europeans out of 50 draft picks, only 5 of which were drafted out of European leagues).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad