Injury Report: Anton Lander

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Definitely too bad for the kid. Golden opportunity for him with the other injuries at centre to show he has progressed and could stick at the NHL level.

I'm sure he'll recover and bounce back but probably won't be much of a season left by then and it's also possible the Oilers make a move to fill a centre spot by then as well.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Lander was 17 (paajarvi was 16) zetterberg 18 when they played in timra against men. The comparison between those often come from fans and people close to timra team, who have seen them from start.
They have same height weighing about the same. Lander was assistant captain in timra when he was 19 and captain swedish national juniors team. Lander had to taken so much responsible in his sel team from young age, so he hasnt developed his offensive game properly. Zetterberg has also been in the national team u18 and u20.
Lander has great leadership qualitys great hockeysense, and i think those who thinks they reminds of each other when young isnt tells fairytales, if think they has a point.

But from there to get zetterbergs numbers in the future isnt realistic, but i think if they give him offensive chances, he could develop to a great twoway c with 50p seasons. I mean people had expectations on Paajrvi to rip off the Nhl , and he also hasnt done any great numbers before he came over.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Lander was 17 (paajarvi was 16) zetterberg 18 when they played in timra against men. The comparison between those often come from fans and people close to timra team, who have seen them from start.
They have same height weighing about the same. Lander was assistant captain in timra when he was 19 and captain swedish national juniors team. Lander had to taken so much responsible in his sel team from young age, so he hasnt developed his offensive game properly. Zetterberg has also been in the national team u18 and u20.
Lander has great leadership qualitys great hockeysense, and i think those who thinks they reminds of each other when young isnt tells fairytales, if think they has a point.

But from there to get zetterbergs numbers in the future isnt realistic, but i think if they give him offensive chances, he could develop to a great twoway c with 50p seasons. I mean people had expectations on Paajrvi to rip off the Nhl , and he also hasnt done any great numbers before he came over.

Who are these Swedish players that put up such better numbers at 19 years in the SEL? Please don't respond Forsberg, Sedins or Naslund... It would make less than a little sense seeing as the point is to say that he was never anything special... Those guys were something really really special.

Paajarvi at 18y
50gp 7g 10a 17p 0.34 ppg
Paajarvi at 19y
49gp 12g 17a 29p 0.59 ppg

Sundin at 18-19y
34gp 10g 8p 18p 0.53 ppg

Backstrom at 19y
46 gp 10g 16a 26p 0.57 ppg

L.Eriksson at 19y
46gp 8g 6a 14p 0.3 ppg

Alfredsson at 19-20y
20 gp 1g 5a 6p 0.3 ppg

Zetterberg had better numbers at 19 (0.8 ppg) but he was playing in the 2nd league.

Lander at 18y
49gp 7g 9a 16p 0.33 ppg
Lander at 19y
49gp 10g 14a 24p 0.49 ppg

I just picked players off the top of my head here, I am not trying to be a smart*** but I really want to know which are these guys putting up numbers way better than PRV did in the SEL.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Who are these Swedish players that put up such better numbers at 19 years in the SEL? Please don't respond Forsberg, Sedins or Naslund... It would make less than a little sense seeing as the point is to say that he was never anything special... Those guys were something really really special.

Paajarvi at 18y
50gp 7g 10a 17p 0.34 ppg
Paajarvi at 19y
49gp 12g 17a 29p 0.59 ppg

Sundin at 18-19y
34gp 10g 8p 18p 0.53 ppg

Backstrom at 19y
46 gp 10g 16a 26p 0.57 ppg

L.Eriksson at 19y
46gp 8g 6a 14p 0.3 ppg

Alfredsson at 19-20y
20 gp 1g 5a 6p 0.3 ppg

Zetterberg had better numbers at 19 (0.8 ppg) but he was playing in the 2nd league.

Lander at 18y
49gp 7g 9a 16p 0.33 ppg
Lander at 19y
49gp 10g 14a 24p 0.49 ppg

I just picked players off the top of my head here, I am not trying to be a smart*** but I really want to know which are these guys putting up numbers way better than PRV did in the SEL.

You can look it in another way! He had a season as 17 behind him(can do your investigation a bit wider) and his body was grown for the mens leuage early and because of his speed. His hasnt developed so much as others who wasnt full grown yet early. He isnt clutch and he has always needed alot of chances for every goal he got.

Sam gagner syndrome, you doesnt have to be stellar material because you play against men very young. Other prospect with a slower steady development passing you in a couple of years coming fresh from juniors.

Everlasting

Jun 5, 2010
Somwhere in time
I love Lander and he is one of my favorites. But I would never have him in a top 6 role. He has more heart than alot of players, he is willing to learn. He doesn't have great hands, and he didn't in Timrå either. In Timrå he made things happen with his heart, but I think he will need to improve alot for doing that in the NHL level. My biggest knock on him is his speed and acceleration.

I really really hopes he can stay here long time.
Me neither, he is not that type of player, but in oilers with so many young players, his leaderabilities can be put to much greater use. But as you say, he has a lot to develop, his transition is not over and he will just be better.

Also, ****. Hopefully Lander recovers alot faster than 4 weeks :cry:

Ladra

Jan 29, 2011
Me neither, he is not that type of player, but in oilers with so many young players, his leaderabilities can be put to much greater use. But as you say, he has a lot to develop, his transition is not over and he will just be better.

Also, ****. Hopefully Lander recovers alot faster than 4 weeks :cry:

Four weeks is crap, hope he recovers well

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
So we're coming up on the 4 weeks projected for Lander's foot injury.

I have not seen any recent updates on his recovery so I thought I'd bump this thread to see if anyone else has.

Anyone?

EDIT: "Correction": I thought he was injured on Feb 6, now I see it was Feb 9... Anyway, it's still not that far off.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Horcoff- week to week Lander- indefinitely

So i assume that he isnt back soon! Those footinjurys can be ugly to recovery from. even if you can play games can it take a year to have full movement in the foot.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Horcoff- week to week Lander- indefinitely

So i assume that he isnt back soon! Those footinjurys can be ugly to recovery from. even if you can play games can it take a year to have full movement in the foot.

I don't know, I just assumed that they would have given a more specific update by know. All I have managed to dig up is either "old" articles saying he'll be out for 4 weeks or the one from the Oilers - Blues pre-game piece where it says that he's done 3 out of the 4 weeks projected.

I mean it was a fracture but it was still a "minor" fracture. I would have expected him to be back on his skates right about now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->