Recalled/Assigned: Antoine Bibeau recalled again?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
They wanted to get him some game action in while they could since the Leafs were on a home stand .. Now they head out on the road over Christmas with back to backs before and after the weekend, where Bibeau will likely start a couple of games.

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
One of the beauties of having your farm team in the same city as your NHL team. The call up/down is just paperwork for the Leafs and Bibeau is able to get a few games in before the road trip.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
They have no interest in playing Enroth.

However, they don't want Bibeau sitting on the bench.

So, they will send down Bibeau to play for the Marlies in between Andersen needing breaks.

So he will be going up and down a good amount

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
They have no interest in playing Enroth.

However, they don't want Bibeau sitting on the bench.

So, they will send down Bibeau to play for the Marlies in between Andersen needing breaks.

So he will be going up and down a good amount

This is exactly it. Man it would suck to be Enroth. You're basically an emergency-use-only goalie. I don't feel bad tho because it's his own fault - he should've been better when he played.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Bibeau probably gets the Colorado start, and Andersen the Arizona start, with the Arizona game deemed more important if only for superficial reasons.

If these weren't 2 of the weaker teams then I'd expect Bibeau wouldn't get any action or Andersen rest.

But if you can't play your backup against the 30th or 29th ranked teams in the standings then you can't play them anytime.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
If these weren't 2 of the weaker teams then I'd expect Bibeau wouldn't get any action or Andersen rest.

But if you can't play your backup against the 30th or 29th ranked teams in the standings then you can't play them anytime.

All I meant was that given the choice on a back to back, they'd rather have the better goalie in net for Matthews' homecoming.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Marlies don't play until Boxing Day. Looks like at this time Bibeau is considered our number 2.

I agree, but I'm not really thrilled with that.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
All I meant was that given the choice on a back to back, they'd rather have the better goalie in net for Matthews' homecoming.

I don't see why Andersen can't play both assuming the leafs don't come out flat in Colorado and give up 40+ shots. we don't play again till next wednesday after friday that's lots of time to rest afterwards.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Agreed - but 4 games they gave him?

I don't know how many games the average backup gets in the NHL but it can't be a whole lot a season so if you get, say, 20 games a year, being completely unacceptable in net for 20% of your games means the coach has to act fast. Now I just pulled the 20 games completely out of my ass but the point stands. It would be like giving the starter like 15 games and completely blowing all of them. This is why, while I was extremely critical of Andersen during his 4 game start, it's not the same when people compare the two. Well that and the fact that they are paying him considerably more money for much longer. Enroth had his chance and he blew it.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Gee, I would guess Anderson plays Wednesday and Friday. Bibeau gets a start Boxing Day as Marlie.
Bibeau might make the Florida trip when the Leafs play on the 27th.

Leafs have almost decided Enroth and Ramo aren't NHLers. And Bibeau is going to get work as a Marlie and Leaf. Ideal for Leafs and Bibeau.

Only worry is that he plays too well and he is one of three goalies selected by Vegas. It's not like the Leafs have any real NHLers that have "term" that would interest Vegas.

As suggested earlier, one of the great advantages having your minor league club in the same city. Bibeau gets the Leaf goalie coach. And AHL players aren't discouraged, they think they are being watched by the their management.

NBA Raptors have done this successfully too. Playing in 25 miles away in Mississauga. Young guys are going up and down...the main thing is that playing and often working out with the NBA guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad