Anthony Stewart's upside ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
He is more known for his jaw-breaking fight against Nathan Horton, his big body or his story that was revealed during the draft ! But I always thought the guy was a great one, and I remember a poster comparing him to Iginla (maybe for the color I think), but hey ! The kid is tearing it up during the WJc and I was wondering what is your opinion on him ?

He was touted to be a 2nd/3rd line physical forward but seeing him at the WJC, I would say he has the upside of a 1rst/2nd line powerforward who can dominate !

Your opinions ?

Marmax

Dec 28, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
icarus said:
I kind of picture him potentially becoming a Bertuzzi type, he's got that kind of size.

He's go that kind of size but not that kind of talent, definetaly not. I see him more like a better version of Scott Thornton but I may be wrong.

topshelf331

May 8, 2003
Stl
Visit site
Marmax said:
He's go that kind of size but not that kind of talent, definetaly not. I see him more like a better version of Scott Thornton but I may be wrong.

Was bertuzzi scouted as having that kind of talent?

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
topshelf331 said:
Was bertuzzi scouted as having that kind of talent?

We'd have to define "talent". But I think Todd Bertuzzi had more "finesse skills" than Anthony Stewart when he was young.

It might not be a bad thing for Stewart, though. His game is simpler than Bertuzzi. It took Todd years to put all the tools together.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Vlad The Impaler said:
We'd have to define "talent". But I think Todd Bertuzzi had more "finesse skills" than Anthony Stewart when he was young.

It might not be a bad thing for Stewart, though. His game is simpler than Bertuzzi. It took Todd years to put all the tools together.

That's exactly it. Bertuzzi has better hands at the moment, but these are guys who are projects too. That being said, in terms of size and skating ability, the comparison is perfect. It's not that Stewart can't score, but he doesn't seem to have the hands that Bertuzzi has, although that may develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad