Anthony Stewart vs Chris Stewart?

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Well for big guys they are mobile, which seems to be the deficeincy with power players coming into the league. Even if the rest of their game doesn't catch up that will at least make them a role player.

burgundynblue

Aug 7, 2005
Well for big guys they are mobile, which seems to be the deficeincy with power players coming into the league. Even if the rest of their game doesn't catch up that will at least make them a role player.

Also, Chris is much more skilled than Anthony is.

David

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
They have the same last name?

I find that this kind of non-sense of this board is really degrading the level of this board. Too many kids who think that they're funny, ruining the respectability of the board...and this type of behaviour is starting to get out of hand.

David

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I think we should wait until Anthony has a complete season.... I'd like to see him make the team out of camp this year.

If Anthony reaches his full potential, I think that he could be one of the premier power forwards in the league...however he's run into a couple of authoritarian coaches in Sutter and Keenan that clashed with his attitude that has hindered his development.

I'm looking for Anthony to finally put the last couple of years behind him and move on to becoming the power forward that he could be this year...and his little brother being in the league will motivate him in that regard (brotherly competition).

I haven't seen a lot of Chris, so I would appreciate anyone who can give me some insight into who his style is similar to and what his potential looks to be.

Thanks.

Transported Upstater

I'd much rather have Chris than Anthony.

Chris has a far superior work ethic, a stronger desire to get better, and a rapidly improving skill set.

Chris Stewart for me.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
The Avs do have a potential brother line with Stewart, Stastny and Fritsche.

My hope for Cris is that he'll be the player that fills departed Deadmarsh's niche.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
Anthony has a much higher potential, but Chris is more likely to reach his due to the work ethic issues with Anthony...

I remember a few years back watching Anthony play my God he was dominant on the ice and reminded me a lot of Todd Bertuzzi, but unless he works his butt off he'll always be far from that.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I find that this kind of non-sense of this board is really degrading the level of this board. Too many kids who think that they're funny, ruining the respectability of the board...and this type of behaviour is starting to get out of hand.

I'm sorry David I didn't realize this was the no fun board.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Anthony has the more potential IMO. He has more talent than his brother. The problem is his work ethic kinda sucks. Though, last year was going fairly well until he got injured. 5 Points in 4 games in the A and 3 points in 10 games in the NHL getting very limited ice time. Will be interesting to see what he does this year.

I like Chris, but i remember alot of people had us taking him in mock drafts due to the brother thing, and im so glad we didn't take im at #10. I don't see Chris ever becoming a dominant forward. Anthony was prefered over Horton by alot of panther fan 2 years ago.

I'd take Anthony because we are deep at forward, and can afford to take the risk with him.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Anthony has the more potential IMO. He has more talent than his brother. The problem is his work ethic kinda sucks. Though, last year was going fairly well until he got injured. 5 Points in 4 games in the A and 3 points in 10 games in the NHL getting very limited ice time. Will be interesting to see what he does this year.

I like Chris, but i remember alot of people had us taking him in mock drafts due to the brother thing, and im so glad we didn't take im at #10. I don't see Chris ever becoming a dominant forward. Anthony was prefered over Horton by alot of panther fan 2 years ago.

I'd take Anthony because we are deep at forward, and can afford to take the risk with him.

One thing that is funny is how much a few posters seem to overvalue Anthony. In a thread on the trade board a few weeks ago called Simon Gagne's value, there was a proposal of Anthony Stewart and a 3rd round pick for Simon Gagne.

Originally Posted by Remax
Anthony Stewart + 3rd for Gagne?

That is completely ridiculous. I think Anthony at this point has a better chance of being a flop and never even winning a regular NHL job for more than a season or 2 then he does of being an impact player of any kind.

Anthony could well become a power forward that nets 25-35 goals a season but really I think the odds are getting longer and longer that that will ever happen. It is possible but no longer probable.

Don't no much about Chris Stewart so I can't comment on him.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
One thing that is funny is how much a few posters seem to overvalue Anthony. In a thread on the trade board a few weeks ago called Simon Gagne's value, there was a proposal of Anthony Stewart and a 3rd round pick for Simon Gagne.

Originally Posted by Remax
Anthony Stewart + 3rd for Gagne?

That is completely ridiculous. I think Anthony at this point has a better chance of being a flop and never even winning a regular NHL job for more than a season or 2 then he does of being an impact player of any kind.

Anthony could well become a power forward that nets 25-35 goals a season but really I think the odds are getting longer and longer that that will ever happen. It is possible but no longer probable.

Don't no much about Chris Stewart so I can't comment on him.

That was one Florida/Toronto fan dude. He is a legend though. Anthony is actually very underated, hardly gets any talk and alot of people think he isn't worth much. Im not saying he is going to be a superstar, but he can become a top 6 powerfoward.
He played 15 games last i think. 10 were in the NHL. He was sticking with the Panthers. Without last years injury, i would have said he is a lock to be up with the big club this year. He has alot of talent, and he just needs to work harder.

Why do you say the odds are getting longer? Based on what? He missed virtually the entire year last year, look for him to put up very good numbers in the AHL and perhaps get called up and play 30 games in the NHL this year.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
That was one Florida/Toronto fan dude. He is a legend though. Anthony is actually very underated, hardly gets any talk and alot of people think he isn't worth much. Im not saying he is going to be a superstar, but he can become a top 6 powerfoward.
He played 15 games last i think. 10 were in the NHL. He was sticking with the Panthers. Without last years injury, i would have said he is a lock to be up with the big club this year. He has alot of talent, and he just needs to work harder.

Why do you say the odds are getting longer? Based on what? He missed virtually the entire year last year, look for him to put up very good numbers in the AHL and perhaps get called up and play 30 games in the NHL this year.

Based on the fact that 2 years ago he was considered a better prospect. a year ago he was considered to not be as good a prospect as the year before. Now he is considered as an even worse prospect than last season.

His stock is dropping. Many expected him to already be making an impact at the NHL level. Every training camp he leaves everyone wanting more focus, determination, effort and results.

He could still make it but I personally think he is closer to Pavel Brendl then he is to Erik Cole.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Based on the fact that 2 years ago he was considered a better prospect. a year ago he was considered to not be as good a prospect as the year before. Now he is considered as an even worse prospect than last season.

His stock is dropping. Many expected him to already be making an impact at the NHL level. Every training camp he leaves everyone wanting more focus, determination, effort and results.

He could still make it but I personally think he is closer to Pavel Brendl then he is to Erik Cole.

He had a dodgy year. So have other prospects. Benoit Pouliot didn't have a great year, but i don't think people think any less of him. The tools are still there, same with Stewart. Stewart was injured most of this year, and when he wasn't he played great. How could he have had an impact in the NHL. He stayed in Juniors for 4 years, one of which was a lockout year (His last year in Juniors). He then got injured whilst playing in the NHL this year. So, how on earth can he make an impact on the NHL?

He is still considered a good prospect, people still know he has the tools. Can he bust? Of course, but it is way to early to write him off.

Default101

i'm suprised at how much negativity there is towards Anthony Stewart, in the OHL he was the fastest skater in the league and the hardest hitter in the league, ontop of that he was putting up solid point production, i've seen him play a few times, and he looks like the real deal, judgeing by Chris' physical condition at the combine he hasn't shown his work ethic yet, he didn't even want to play hockey 2 years ago, i know Anthony may have some work ethic problems, and Chris may have regained the desire to play hockey again but as far as their draft year goes, Anthony was the better player, i doubt Chris will ever be able to live up to what his brother did in the OHL, and the only way Chris will become a better NHL player than Anthony is if Anthony continues to fall behind in his desire to become a better player, because he has easy top 6 potential.

RW8

Feb 10, 2004
It's kinda funny.. the only time I have seen Chris stewart play he looked amazing. This, however was a late night shinny game at a local arena to me. I was so surprised that he would come out to something like that but I actually got to play against him for a little while.. so I thought that was kinda cool.

David

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
i'm suprised at how much negativity there is towards Anthony Stewart, in the OHL he was the fastest skater in the league and the hardest hitter in the league, ontop of that he was putting up solid point production, i've seen him play a few times, and he looks like the real deal, judgeing by Chris' physical condition at the combine he hasn't shown his work ethic yet, he didn't even want to play hockey 2 years ago, i know Anthony may have some work ethic problems, and Chris may have regained the desire to play hockey again but as far as their draft year goes, Anthony was the better player, i doubt Chris will ever be able to live up to what his brother did in the OHL, and the only way Chris will become a better NHL player than Anthony is if Anthony continues to fall behind in his desire to become a better player, because he has easy top 6 potential.

At times in the past, I've seen Anthony go through stretches where he looked like he could be a world class power forward that reminded me of a cross between Bertuzzi and Iginla. I think that Anthony can still become that player if he puts his mind to it...and perhaps seeing his younger brother in NHL just might be the jump start that he needs...or at least that's what I'm hoping for.

David

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It's kinda funny.. the only time I have seen Chris stewart play he looked amazing. This, however was a late night shinny game at a local arena to me. I was so surprised that he would come out to something like that but I actually got to play against him for a little while.. so I thought that was kinda cool.

Having played with him first hand, who would you describe Chris' style of play to be most like?

RW8

Feb 10, 2004
Well the thing with that is I couldn't give an accurate description because his talent level was so much higher than everyone else playing. This was just a shinny thing ANYONE could come out and play so he could skate through everyone at will. You could tell he was just playing around not being very serious. Just to further clarify about his "competition" at this time I went end to end to score a few times and I've been playing recreational hockey my whole life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad