95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=441750

Records:

Most career passing yards (79,816)
Most career touchdown passes (455)
Most career pass completions (5892)
Most career pass attempts (9437)
Most career passing yards in Grey Cup games (2470 yards)
Most completions in regular season game (44)

Won 3 grey cups for the Alouettes :handclap:

Best of luck to him and his family.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I think Jim Popp was crying because he realized he has to find a new franchise Quarterback.

I'm going to miss Calvillo at the head of the Als. They are going to have to do a lot of work to counter his loss.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
The best professional athlete the town had for the time he was here. The best we've had since Roy. A winner and born-leader, he got RESULTS, what other franchises in the town sorely lack.

I'm looking at you Habs, you haven't won anything since 1993, most storied franchise in sports too, christ that's a shame. And you, Impact, you tanked your possibilities of making it farther in the CONCACAF, which was attainable, for a pipe dream that was unlikely. It was embarrassing to be a fan of yours after that. You made fools out of your fans and sold them tickets to a competition you had no intention of winning.

Hopefully, Price, Subban & Galchenyuk get us results like Calvillo produced.

He'll be back as a coach one day and he'll coach them for a long, long time.

How about a little pre-game thing by the Habs for him?

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
The best professional athlete the town had for the time he was here. The best we've had since Roy. A winner and born-leader, he got RESULTS, what other franchises in the town sorely lack.

I'm looking at you Habs, you haven't won anything since 1993, most storied franchise in sports too, christ that's a shame. And you, Impact, you tanked your possibilities of making it farther in the CONCACAF, which was attainable, for a pipe dream that was unlikely. It was embarrassing to be a fan of yours after that. You made fools out of your fans and sold them tickets to a competition you had no intention of winning.

He'll be back as a coach one day and he'll coach them for a long, long time.

How about a little pre-game thing by the Habs for him?
Hear, hear! And don't worry the Habs will give him the red carpet treatment soon you can bet on it.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Just an absolutely spectacular QB and human being.

It's going to be tough replacing him. He's a once in a lifetime kind of talent.

Apr 28, 2010
I don't think I'm ever going to enjoy CFL again the way I did back in 2009 and 2010.

Thanks for everything, AC!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I've long given up on the CFL, however, could not help notice over the years, how Calvillo transcended the league. Total class act. A wonderful ambassador for Montreal. Best of luck to him.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

So RDS says Calvillo isn't the most charismatic guy and TVA Sports says he's charismatic... Who's right, then?

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
Idc much for the CFL but AC transcends the league.

Nice video by Chris Berman too...what a class act. I'm sure he will give another shutout on air next Sunday during Countdown.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Could he have played in the NFL?Honest question I know very little of Canadian football

I probably don't know much more than you but odds are, if he could have had success in the NFL, he wouldn't have played in the CFL.

He was the highest paid player in the CFL and I believe he made less money than the lowest paid player in the NFL.

SubyDubyTML

May 13, 2013
Missed the PC, is there a video of the full press conference around? Really wanted to see it..

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I probably don't know much more than you but odds are, if he could have had success in the NFL, he wouldn't have played in the CFL.

He was the highest paid player in the CFL and I believe he made less money than the lowest paid player in the NFL.

I imagine he could have been a backup/third stringer in the NFL, but would never get a chance to play.

habitue*

Wow, just 18 posts about one of the greatest athlete who ever played in a Montreal sports team. A real Superstar athlete and person.

DD got that in 5 minutes on this board.

Dec 2, 2010
I really dislike football, but what a true legend this guy is. Tremendous man. Did so much for the sport in this city. And a great human being that I'm glad I talked to for a bit.

Missed the PC, is there a video of the full press conference around? Really wanted to see it..
Probably on RDS and TSN websites.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
CTV just aired a documentary about AC and his roots. This guy had it tough. Alcoholic, abusive father who split when he was a kid, an older brother who served jail time for second-degree murder, living in slums and gang turf. Most men with an upbringing like that would be broken; they'd turn into drunks and gangbangers and just repeat the cycle.

Not to mention that AC's wife battled cancer, and then AC did so himself. It's just amazing what this man has had to battle through, and the success he achieved doing so.

Happy retirement, AC! We'll see you in the Canadian Football Hall of Fame real soon!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad