Another Reminder About the Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So a little reminder for everyone concerning conduct, tweaked from when I wrote it for the Flyers' series a few years ago:

We are all here to talk hockey, particularly about the Sabres. Going overboard and being banned from this forum or the site is not in your best interest to keep talking puck.

We are all fans first, even moderators. We're here to talk about the team. No one likes spending time dealing with bad behavior. Don't jeopardize your participation by breaking the rules and if you see something getting out of hand, use the "report a bad post" feature rather than joining in or adding fuel to the fire.

1) If you forgot the Site Rules -- http://hfboards.mandatory.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_vb3_reading_posting
Get cozy with them. Rivalries are great. Stupidity directed at your fellow HFers is not.

2) Debate post content, not poster. Let me say that again: Debate post content not poster. Generalizations about fan bases or people who "are a certain way" are no-no's. Massive generalizations? "All people who think" type posts? No. There is a big difference between thinking an idea expressed is not right vs slamming someone for having that idea. Debate the point, not the poster.

3) Just like the sticky on the NHL Forum, spam ("me too", "+1", "yeah" or all emoticon posts) are not allowed. Have some consideration for the people who subscribe to these things, the resources those sort of posts use up, and the time being wasted weeding through no content. "In before the lock" types posts as well.

4) Let the profanity filter do its job.

5) If you do not want to read a thread, don't. That doesn't mean make a comment about thread-worthiness in the thread that you do not like. It's more clutter and keeps the thread alive.

6) Public commentary about moderation is also not allowed.

7) Remember to treat others as you would like to treated and we'll all have fun.

Clear? Good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad