Another Player, B. Jackman says a Cap is OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crows*

Jeez. What do they show these players on their website??

"look into the swirling circle.. you will sayy what we want you to say"

creative giant*

He was on the Blake Price show on Mojo radio. I heard him say the same thing.

SharkGirl27

Jan 23, 2005
San Jose, CA
with all these guys coming out and saying they'd accept a cap (even the ones who've retracted statements) including guys like Roenick and Peca, I seriously think it's time to FIRE Goodenow and put this thing to a vote! I've been a player supporter since day one, and I am still on their side, but there's what maybe 40 players out of 700+ that would be opposed to a cap at $42m?

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Thanks for coming out now guys... but its a little late. The game is over.

Whata bunch of dolts

Greschner4

Jan 21, 2005
HABSoluteDMB11 said:
with all these guys coming out and saying they'd accept a cap (even the ones who've retracted statements) including guys like Roenick and Peca, I seriously think it's time to FIRE Goodenow and put this thing to a vote! I've been a player supporter since day one, and I am still on their side, but there's what maybe 40 players out of 700+ that would be opposed to a cap at $42m?

Probably more than 40, but there's no doubt that a hard cap at around $42M that couldn't be reduced in future years would pass the players by a very solid majority.

That's what Peca, Jackman, and JR were trying to get across to Goodenow, but the fool didn't listen.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
dem said:
Thanks for coming out now guys... but its a little late. The game is over.

Whata bunch of dolts

They are talking about a hard cap ONLY.. what the NHL has proposed is a floating cap linked to revenues, which, quite possibly could have maximum salaries at 28 million or less.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
HABSoluteDMB11 said:

agreed.

Vote Now Vote Now!!!

SJeasy

Feb 3, 2005
San Jose
Many players have said they would accept. But I have read (not recently) many that were firmly in support of the no cap stance. To get a cap, the union leadership will have to support it enough to get all members on board.

Feb 28, 2002
Abbotsford, BC
Visit site
shakes said:
They are talking about a hard cap ONLY.. what the NHL has proposed is a floating cap linked to revenues, which, quite possibly could have maximum salaries at 28 million or less.

But the point is, if the players say we will accept a cap, I have no doubts the owners will negotiate one the players are happy with.

Again by the same token, i the owners cannot get off linkage they are the dolts then cause the players are making a huge concession.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Biggest Canuck Fan said:
But the point is, if the players say we will accept a cap, I have no doubts the owners will negotiate one the players are happy with.

Again by the same token, i the owners cannot get off linkage they are the dolts then cause the players are making a huge concession.

Agreed. If the players offer a cap without linkage then thats a big step forward in the negotiations and a big concession. If the players offer a cap, I dont think the owners will get greedy at that point. They'll negotiate the number and the owners will make concessions on the other issues.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Biggest Canuck Fan said:
Only if the numbers are reasonable. More and more players know this is how it is going.

Younger players would be happier under a cap than older one, IMHO. The young guys see $5-6m+ as huge compared to what they earn now. Its the older guys like Pronger that don't want to go backwards. If your boss offered said you future involved a 30% paycut you wouldn't like it. If your boss offered you a 500% raise over the next 6 years you'd be happy, you wouldn't think of it as not being a 800% raise.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
shakes said:

Yeah, it's disgustiing to think players should be accountable to their work place earnings. It's sick really.

I've got no problem at all with players making huge salaries, but let's face it... the more responsible they are for "earning" them, the better off the league will be for the fans. I say the more the league earns in profit, the higher the % the players make. Now, that's incentive!

chriss_co

Mar 6, 2004
CALGARY
Maybe there are only 40 players right now opposed to a cap but one thing that Healy said (and actually makes sense) is that the players are excellent followers.

So once you get a publicized split going in the ranks, it won't be long before the rest of the players (or atleast a majority) turn their backs on the union and accept a cap.

Thats why the union is deathly afraid of a vote. Because they know that once the numbers are revealed, some players will notice those who voted to accept a cap and will think that their brethren are turning and join.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->