Another owner fined for speaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Interesting that both owners fined have been fined for taking shots at the union and not for breaking ranks with the NHL (unlike Madden and the NHLPA). Clearly Bettman wants to keep things with the NHLPA as civil as possible.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
me2 said:
Interesting that both owners fined have been fined for taking shots at the union and not for breaking ranks with the NHL (unlike Madden and the NHLPA). Clearly Bettman wants to keep things with the NHLPA as civil as possible.

Is it being civil, or is it keeping all of their ducks in a row come January or next year if/when the NHL declares impasse?

It wouldn't exactly look good in their court case if the flapping gums from maverick owners made it look like going the impasse route was in any way premeditated from the start, would it?

The NHL is wording everything very carefully, and for good reason...IMO they want to make sure they give themselves every chance of winning in the courtroom, where this looks to be heading.

codswallop

yes, i am an alcoholic
Aug 20, 2002
GA
I mentioned this in another thread. I also mentioned an article by Stan Kasten that appeared in the NYTimes.

He has been the president of three teams in three different sports. He has seen owners and players inter-mingle in three entirely different spectrums. His perspective is quite unique.

Not asserting one particular view or the other, I don't think of this issue that way. Just hoping that everyone can view his opinions with an open mind.

(I've only been able to find an excerpt to the full article on the NYTimes site, but it is worth reading if you are a member and/or you can find it elsewhere).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad