Pre-Game Talk: Another fowl postponement (Sun 1/24 vs Pens PPD to 3/1/16)

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I'm about an hour and a half south of Pittsburgh, it's worse up here than in DC. Guessing because of the elevations. Saw this coming a mile away. The PA Turnpike is shut down here it's so bad. X_X

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Next game is Wednesday vs Philly at Verizon. Isles got a game postponed today, I think the league will have to delay the start of the playoffs

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Caps schedule was already compressed after that All Star break...really gonna be difficult now. Hopefully we will keep our big lead in the East down the stretch and Trotz can give certain players the night off in 1 or 2 games.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The nice thing about our hot start is these games most likely won't matter in the grand scheme of things. Trotz will find a way to keep the guys fresh.

imagine, the ducks need to play their game and win to make the playoffs. So, they tack the game on to the end of the schedule. The Caps have to play it rather than practice for the playoffs and have to start their series two days later.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
imagine, the ducks need to play their game and win to make the playoffs. So, they tack the game on to the end of the schedule. The Caps have to play it rather than practice for the playoffs and have to start their series two days later.

I'd just forfeit, to be honest. Or another thought -- when are expanded rosters in play? I'd call up as many guys from Hershey as allowed and let them play.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I'd just forfeit, to be honest. Or another thought -- when are expanded rosters in play? I'd call up as many guys from Hershey as allowed and let them play.

Good idea to play with AHLers if it's 3-4 days before the PO.

Hopefully we "don't need" those points, but it's a shame, this weekend we could take 4 more.

Ducks not great = 2 points for Caps.
And it should have been a second part of a back-to-back for PIT. = 2 points for Caps.

Instead of this, normally we will play back-to-back games just before the PO and one of this game will be against a rival (fighting, dirty hit, nervous game)

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Has the NHL ever cancelled games resulting in uneven games-played totals? They've completely eliminated games during work stoppages but when was the last time they just flat out erased games from the schedule of 3 or 4 teams and not everyone else?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad