Another December to remember?

jacketsgeek

Gimme some bread , man!
Sep 30, 2007
Pickerington, OH
We started December 2016 with 28 points and rang in the new year with 56.
This year, we start the month with 33 points and the potential of finishing with - WOW - 63 points. (Hey, we're 1-0 so far)
A big difference is the fact that we've played 6 more games this year than at this time last year. And, we'll play 15 games in December this year vs 14 last year.
We're, basically, 3 pts off last year's pace and can't make up any ground in December. We're all sorely aware of the letdown to finish last season.

With all that said, where do you think we need to be on 1/1/2018 - point wise - to feel good about our chances to to make the dance 2 years in a row for the first time in CBJ history?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
We started December 2016 with 28 points and rang in the new year with 56.
This year, we start the month with 33 points and the potential of finishing with - WOW - 63 points. (Hey, we're 1-0 so far)
A big difference is the fact that we've played 6 more games this year than at this time last year. And, we'll play 15 games in December this year vs 14 last year.
We're, basically, 3 pts off last year's pace and can't make up any ground in December. We're all sorely aware of the letdown to finish last season.

With all that said, where do you think we need to be on 1/1/2018 - point wise - to feel good about our chances to to make the dance 2 years in a row for the first time in CBJ history?
Something in the mid-40s would be good enough IMO, but I'd love to be able to bank more just in case.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
They need to get back to the team structure at the beginning-middle of last year and fix that putrid PP. They have played way too sloppy this year and can't continue to count on the goaltending that has saved them for the most part this season. They play 14 games the rest of December (7 home, 7 road), 8 against division opponents (3 home, 5 road), potential of 28 points. Gonna be tough especially the way NJ is playing and having to play @Washington, NJ, 2 times in Pittsburgh and against a Carolina team that they struggle against. Plus they play NJ, NYI, Toronto, Tampa and an underachieving and scary Edmonton team. They also seem to play down to teams they should beat at home so I am concerned to say the least. I would say 14 points would be a highly successful run and would put them at 49.

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
I have no concerns that this team will be in the playoffs, they can finish December .500 and I'm still confident that we are a playoff team, at this point to me it's about finishing 1-2 in the division to avoid Pittsburgh for once hopefully. I'd love to see what this team could do in the playoffs against a team other than their kryptonite

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I have no concerns that this team will be in the playoffs, they can finish December .500 and I'm still confident that we are a playoff team, at this point to me it's about finishing 1-2 in the division to avoid Pittsburgh for once hopefully. I'd love to see what this team could do in the playoffs against a team other than their kryptonite

Hopefully being the key word. Jackets can finish anywhere and still have to face Pittsburgh unless standings break right.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
We have a brutal December schedule. This will be the month where it's determined if having a last rank PP and a below average offense is something we can overcome with a stout defense and Bob in the net.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
19-20 points out of the 15 games. 19+33=52. Win on NYE to hit 52 would be awesome. That would be more than a 100 point pace for the first 1/2 of the season.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Answer to thread title Not for a good reason.

47 points - can't see Jackets beating the Bolts tonight.

Playoffs in jeopardy but not out of the question due mainly to the ineptness of the Atlantic. Just finishing top 5 Metro looks like it gets you in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad