Anisimov, Berglund or Fiala??? Who would you take???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

Dec 16, 2005
Montreal
If the Habs want to draft a tall centerman ( for any crazy reason that could exist... ;) )and knowing that we draft around 15th to 20th next draft. Is Artem Anisimov a risk too great to take or is there other tall guys that could go around that pick???

What's the take on Anisimov, heard his name a few times this year but not lately, where do you see him going? I know that the CSS has him 6th for Europeans but what do you think.

What about Patrik Berglund (10th European) or Ondrej Fiala (Everett). Are those guys too risky???

Again, I know we should go for a d-men but I'm just wondering about those guys....

Thanks!

Last edited:

Maithz

Habs dont need any foward , they lack of d-man , if they can draft Wishart or Williams I would be happy .

Matrix

Dec 16, 2005
Montreal
HABS-65 said:
Habs dont need any foward , they lack of d-man , if they can draft Wishart or Williams I would be happy .

I know, and I'd be happy with those two but I have a feeling they can be gone to so if they are, and we would like to have an upgrade as far as centers go and would go for those types of guys, who would be better.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Being tall doesn't mean being tough. There are quite a few players in this league that are tall and that play like pansies. The Habs need a forward, no matter what the height, that isn't afraid to play the body and get tough around the net. I don't care if he's five feet tall even, if he can do those things well then he's their man.

Matrix

Dec 16, 2005
Montreal
Bileur said:
Its better to determine draft picks by "BPA" than by height.

Our team tried so hard to get a centerman with size for so long now that when it comes to the Chipchura pick, that's exactly what they said. Since there were tons of other interesting players around that pick, we chose Chipchura because of his leadership qualities, all-around game and his size.

Since after the first 5 picks, everybody tells us than it's a crapshoot, I'm just wondering who would be better between, Berglund, Anisimov or Fiala.

For anyone who has any news about them or saw them play.

Thanks.

Matrix

Dec 16, 2005
Montreal
Caniacforever said:
Being tall doesn't mean being tough. There are quite a few players in this league that are tall and that play like pansies. The Habs need a forward, no matter what the height, that isn't afraid to play the body and get tough around the net. I don't care if he's five feet tall even, if he can do those things well then he's their man.

I know that, we've been there already, Urquhart, Chouinard......I'm going to rewrite my title 'cause personnaly I really want to know the difference in player between those 3 guys.......

katodelder

Apr 22, 2004
neither Fiala, Berglund or Anisimov are projected first rounders. They'd all be reaches at 15-20. In that range you might land Emmerton, Burki or Foligno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad