Angelo Esposito

Mr. Grieves

Feb 20, 2007
Winnipeg
Angelo Esposito stats:
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM
2005-06 Quebec Remparts QMJHL 57 39 59 98 45
2006-07 Quebec Remparts QMJHL 60 27 52 79 63

Can anybody explain the big drop off in points for angelo?

AmartZing

Jun 19, 2007
Alexander Radulov gone! He was is linemate with Quebec in 05-06 and Radulov finished that year with something like 165 pts

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
This will long be debated as a "who made who" line of thinking. Just like when Andrew Ladd and Ryan Getzlaf played together with the Hitmen. I think both Esposito and Radulov have potential to be great on their own, just as I do with Ladd and Getzlaf, but they were just better together than they were apart. Two elite players on a line is better than just one. People who didn't anticipate a drop off were people who just weren't paying attention close enough. Esposito is a victim of his own early success.

loyst21

Jun 24, 2006
Windsor, ON
how about brad richards and vincent lecavalier?? im too lazy to pull up the stats, but ive checked before and the year that lecavalier and richards were drafted richards went 62nd overall i think because they thought he fed off of lecavalier... a year later richards put up more points than he ever had with lecavalier on the squad and look what kind of a player he turned out to be... on the flip side, you have dany roussin who was taken in the second round of the same draft as crosby i think (?) and he actaully did feed right off of crosby with those gaudy point totals because he sure is toiling away in the ECHL right now haha

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Very true, but Rousin was never considered an elite level prospect and certainly not one that was ranked 1st overall by any scouting service. Richards wasn't either. I think a lot of the time when you're the top dog, people try to find flaws with you to the extent that your stock ends up dropping unless you get exponentially better from season to season, regardless of the surrounding circumstances. To take a player the quality of Radulov off your line and to expect results in the same ballpark is just ....not very smart. I think whatever team drafts him will be getting a steal considering it's all but set in stone he's not going Top 5 unless the Habs can wrangle the 5th pick from Washington. I'm not even sure they're in negotiation that high, but you never know. FWIW, Eklund said that Montreal was on the verge of moving up.

Mackee

Oct 9, 2003
Montreal
Another thing to consider is that the Remparts wanted Esposito to play a more complete game. I believe this also factored in his drop in point production. Not the main reason because I do think playing with Radulov helped big time, but still something to consider nonetheless.

For the record, if the Habs move up in the draft, I hope it's not to pick Esposito. I'd much rather Logan Couture, as I've stated more than once around here. Alzner also fits a need on our blueline as well so if the Habs do move up, I'd be pretty disappointed if it wasn't for one of these two guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->