Angelo Esposito VS Drayson Bowman

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Bowman is definitely more of a one way player than Esposito is if you ask me, but I think both players will succeed at the next level, though they need to succeed at the current level they are at now.

I'm very intrigued to see how Esposito is going to handle being in the spotlight in Quebec City, being the #1 prospect, and player on that team, as opposed to hiding in the shadows of Vlasic, Radulov, and others this year on the way to the cup. In no way am I saying he isn't a good player, I would just like to see how he reacts to the limelight in a sense.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
who do you think is the better goal scorer, better skater and better puckhandler - Esposito or Bowman?

Ok, I'm a pretty regular customer here and in the past month or so since surgery I've been basically living on the boards.

I'm suprised I haven't heard much (if anything) about Drayson Bowman. I've read tons on Esposito and a bit on other 2007 top prospects, but Bowman doesn't ring a bell.

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

X-SHARKIE

I've never seen Bowman, but with Esposito...I think if he adds some weight to his frame and shows more committment in the traffic areas this year...then WOW do we have a player.

He has the lanky frame to build into, and if he does, top out around 200...he will be a stud.

I'm anxious to see how much he improves next season...and if he can match his totals without Radulov and all those puck moving defenseman Quebec had.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
I liken Esposito this year with Kessel last year.....most people's number 1 choice who will not live up to expectations this year. Like Kessel, he will still be picked in the top five but will no be seen as the flower of his class.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
I liken Esposito this year with Kessel last year.....most people's number 1 choice who will not live up to expectations this year. Like Kessel, he will still be picked in the top five but will no be seen as the flower of his class.

i agree esposito will not be the 1st overall pick. i think couture or backlund have better shots.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.

I understand what your saying, but im not so sure that will happen. Angelo is still the #1, and untill he or someone else does anything to change that, he is #1.

Angelo wont get the criticism on here like Kessel did either. One, because no one ever compared him to Crosby and that he is canadien.

KariyaIsGod*

I understand what your saying, but im not so sure that will happen. Angelo is still the #1, and untill he or someone else does anything to change that, he is #1.

Angelo wont get the criticism on here like Kessel did either. One, because no one ever compared him to Crosby and that he is canadien.

Kessel got criticized for being compared to Crosby, it had nothing to do with nationality....

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

Right, which is what VOB is saying might happen. Quebec is losing a lot of firepower this year, and there's a school of thought that says that will expose Esposito a bit, which COULD cause his draft stock to drop. Not tumble, just drop, which is what happened in Kessel's case.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Right, which is what VOB is saying might happen. Quebec is losing a lot of firepower this year, and there's a school of thought that says that will expose Esposito a bit, which COULD cause his draft stock to drop. Not tumble, just drop, which is what happened in Kessel's case.

I know, i'd just be suprised if it happened two years running. Although this years draft at first glance looks to be stronger than 06.

6jagr8

Aug 25, 2005
bowman is a superstar, just ask his dad, he is the one that started this thread...Right?:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

espo*

You still pissed off England can't win a world cup? Get over it and pick on something else.

And it's Canadian,not Canadien.For someone who comes from a country that spawned the language you should at least have that correct.That tells you how much you know about this place and it's hockey fans.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Ahh, I'd seen Bowman's name on rankings, but now I know why it really rings a bell. He moved to Vancouver or something as Fedz said. There was a special on CBC a while ago about parents paying big money to place their kids on certain teams. But there are residency requirements or something, so he had to move with one parent while the other one stayed back home. He was the main focus of the documentary (there were others metioned, but don't remember names), and it talked about the strain on the family, etc, and how it's all done for the love of hockey. It was pretty interesting stuff.

espo*

What the hell, chill out. Are you still hacked of about Canada losing in the olympics? No, nor am i about the world cup. I don't know how that is relevant at all. I spelt something wrong, and hence this? Either your very uptight or you haven't had sex in a very long time.

What exactly did i pick on? If Kessel had been Canadian IMO he would not have got as much criticism from certain posters. Im entitled to my opinion, as are you. Oh, and about my language, first of all starting of a sentence with the word "And" isn't very good language, you also leave a space between a full stop and the next word.

No i'm not hacked about us losing in the Olympics,we've won big competitions very recently,winning top competitions for us is not some distant memory that only your grandfather can remember like it is for England in football.

Everyone get's critisized on HF boards.If God himself were a prospect he'd get critisized here. Geez,there are still posters here that are saying Crosby is over-rated and you are saying Esposito won't get critisized because he's Canadian? That's the very nature of the board here.......................critisism.

And here i was looking forward to seeing what guys in the know thought about Esposito versus this Bowman kid.Then you come in with something like that.

Thanks for sticking to the subject.You were a real beacon of light.

Like you have some grasp on the mindset of hockey fans over here.

Now where were we again? Comparing Esposito versus Bowman right? Yeah,that's what i thought it was.Hopefully that will be what it is again.It originally was until post 7 of the thread.

You can't even spell who we are correctly and you think you know us? You don't know us champ,don't even pretend like you do.

Last edited by a moderator:

espo*

Again, what has football and Canada winning hockey tourneys and England not got to do with anything? I really don't understand that side of your arguement.

Did i say Angelo wouldn't get criticised? No. He was compared to Kessel and that a similar situation may arise. I said i would be suprised if this occured, and that Angelo probably wont get the same kind of criticism.

Er, wern't you the one who went randomly off the subject. I seem to recall me talking about Angelo, which this thread about.
As of yet, you haven't even talked about Angelo vs Bowman. So yeah, where were you :sarcasm:.

Mindest of fans over in Canada? Your good at arguements, because you just confuse the living hell out of me.

If you wanna continue argueing with me, sure by all means. However, do it somewhere else.

I'm still not getting any evaluation fron you via esposito versus bowman.....just nationality psycho analysis. Is that what it is about?

Can you give me something that focuses on both guys talents or weaknesses and just skip the Sigmund Freud stuff? Because it's about the hockey,there you may know what you are talking about.The Canadian fans psyche you don't and it isn't important anyway when discussing these two young players.

No wonder i confuse the living hell out of you, you were off in the wrong direction right from your first post.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Bowman is a very dynamic player, and posted ok numbers with Spokane last year. How he gets no hype at all baffles me as does the fact that he's being compared to Esposito. Right now, Esposito has a distinctive edge but I have no qualms about Bowman eventually superceding him. My take on Esposito is that he'll turn out to be another Lecavalier, a guy who has all the skills in the worldbut never completely puts it together at the next level. Heck, I don't even think he'll make the WJC squad next season. As for Bowman, he's the type of kid who just explodes in his draft year, a la Kovalchuk.

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
I don't understand the way Esposito is hyped on here. He's a great prospect; really gifted and a great attitude but he could have a very good season while falling to #4-#5.

We are not talking about someone who dominated at 16 years old ala Crosby/Kessel. I don't consider the #1 spot as his to lose.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I don't understand the way Esposito is hyped on here. He's a great prospect; really gifted and a great attitude but he could have a very good season while falling to #4-#5.

We are not talking about someone who dominated at 16 years old ala Crosby/Kessel. I don't consider the #1 spot as his to lose.
So nearly 100 points in 60 games as a 16 year old isn't dominating? Hell, Jordan Staal didn't get that this year in his draft year and he went 2nd?

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
So nearly 100 points in 60 games as a 16 year old isn't dominating? Hell, Jordan Staal didn't get that this year in his draft year and he went 2nd?

Staal at #2 is still a mistery to me.

Esposito is very good but he was simply at the level of the best 17 years old players (Brassard, Sheppard, Giroux). Radulov helped his numbers. He'll have to improve significantly at 17 to go #1.

I'm a big fan of his and have high hopes. I just think he's a bit overlooked as the favorite for the #1 spot.

Adam91

Dec 19, 2005
Toronto
Bowman is a very dynamic player, and posted ok numbers with Spokane last year. How he gets no hype at all baffles me as does the fact that he's being compared to Esposito. Right now, Esposito has a distinctive edge but I have no qualms about Bowman eventually superceding him. My take on Esposito is that he'll turn out to be another Lecavalier, a guy who has all the skills in the worldbut never completely puts it together at the next level. Heck, I don't even think he'll make the WJC squad next season. As for Bowman, he's the type of kid who just explodes in his draft year, a la Kovalchuk.

Completly agree

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad