Andy Rogers question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
This guy is 6'5 210. He had the hardest shot at the prospect skill competion and he finish in the top 5 at 180' dash and 60' dash. I just wanna know if he is responsible in his own zone and if he has a good vision/hockey sense.

Thanks

Jared Ramsden

Feb 28, 2002
Calgary
GuiG said:
This guy is 6'5 210. He had the hardest shot at the prospect skill competion and he finish in the top 5 at 180' dash and 60' dash. I just wanna know if he is responsible in his own zone and if he has a good vision/hockey sense.

Thanks

Rogers defensive zone play is still in the developmental stages. There are times when he runs around too much and loses his positioning, but from two years ago, to this last season, it did improve quite a lot. His on ice vision is pretty good. He makes really good outlet passes from his own end, and has the ability to do a lot offensively, but his game isin't all rounded out just yet.

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
Calgary Devil said:
Rogers defensive zone play is still in the developmental stages. There are times when he runs around too much and loses his positioning, but from two years ago, to this last season, it did improve quite a lot. His on ice vision is pretty good. He makes really good outlet passes from his own end, and has the ability to do a lot offensively, but his game isin't all rounded out just yet.

thanks! Does he play physical?

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
GuiG said:
thanks! Does he play physical?

He makes attempts to. I think that Egener needs to teach him how to play with more emotion, since Egener seems to do that very well, and plays an extremely physical/intimidating game because of it.

It may not be something that can be taught to Rogers however. He's an extremely laid back guy off the ice (then again, you'd never believe Egener is the same guy on and off the ice).

In other words, he plays physical, but could always be more rough out there.

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
He'll throw an elbow, but I can't really remember any big hits by him. I wouldn't expect any offense out of him at the NHL level, but I think he's got it in him to be a solid #4-5 guy if his defensive play continues to improve. He's in a nice situation with the Hitmen, they've got a very deep, very big group of defensemen, so he won't get overwhelmed by his workload.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Lard_Lad said:
He'll throw an elbow, but I can't really remember any big hits by him. I wouldn't expect any offense out of him at the NHL level, but I think he's got it in him to be a solid #4-5 guy if his defensive play continues to improve. He's in a nice situation with the Hitmen, they've got a very deep, very big group of defensemen, so he won't get overwhelmed by his workload.

I don't think the workload would bother him one bit. In fact, I'm sure he enjoyed his increased ice time as the season went on. Was a regular shift, worked the penalty killing, and enjoyed the rare powerplay appearance.

It isn't as though he's hiding behind his fellow defensemen.

I personally wouldn't be surprised to see him develop into a #3, but a #2 or #1 will definitely be too ambitious.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Rogers seems to have trouble to put all of his attributes together during a game. He needs to fill out a bit more to be a punishing physical presence in his own zone. he still relies too much on his reach and speed when he could just as easily knock the guys over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->