Android/Gmail Help - Question Re: Permissions

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
I'm using an Android-based smartphone running Android Nougat. All of a sudden today I went to access my Gmail app and I'm being prompted with this notification that the app won't function correctly unless I grant these permissions to Google Play Services... This prompt comes up literally every time I try to access the gmail app now... This is really annoying. Does anyone know what this is about and if there's a way to get around it without granting all these permissions? Simply hitting Cancel doesn't help me because the prompt keeps returning each time I access the app or another email again.

Thanks for your help...

Edit: It looks like I've never had any permissions granted for Google Play Services in the past... Here is what Google says about this app:

"Google Play services is used to update Google apps and apps from Google Play. This component provides core functionality like authentication to your Google services, synchronized contacts, access to all the latest user privacy settings, and higher quality, lower-powered location based services. Google Play services also enhances your app experience. It speeds up offline searches, provides more immersive maps, and improves gaming experiences. Apps may not work if you uninstall Google Play services."

So it's looking like I may need to grant permissions to Google Play services in order to continue using Google apps like Gmail? Thoughts?

http://i.imgur.com/WVkdBdX.jpg
WVkdBdX.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad