Andrews on SXM: 31st AHL team coming 2018-19

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Manitoba wouldn't even be a horrible idea since they're on an island and have to fly everywhere anyways. It's probably between them and Cleveland and I could make arguments for both. Whichever one moves goes to the North Division (it's probably easier travel wise for Manitoba to be in a division with 3 Canadian teams), the two Texas teams move to the Central, Colorado goes to the Pacific.
I wonder that as well especially since Manitoba can get those Canadian matchups that way. Don't they already play the Marlies?

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Being that Cleveland is in the Eastern Time Zone, the Monsters would get the nod to move to the Eastern Conference.

Has absolutely no bearing in the AHL. The reason teams like Columbus and Detroit wanted to be in the Eastern Conference is because way too many of their games started at 9 and 10 pm cutting into the viewers of TV broadcasts. AHL games are rarely on TV and Cleveland wouldn't have to travel out West if they didn't want to, instead playing a heavy Central Division schedule and also being able to schedule teams in the East and North instead of Pacific Division.

Alberta

Jul 20, 2005
I'd be surprised if they moved Manitoba since they hold a lot of value in being in the same division as its old IHL rivals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad