Player Discussion Andrew Shaw II - Playoff Edition

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
One of the draft picks traded for Shaw has more points already than Shaw does in his entire Canadiens career.

Yep. And to think of the abuse people who were critical of the trade initially suffered. Was any of it really necessary? At this point, can we just have honest conversations on this site without being browbeaten with appeals to authority? Can we make points about players using data and logic without being endlessly berated with irrelevant, meaningless bullshit antagonism like ''so you think you could do better than Bergevin?''

We were right. We were so obviously right at the time, and now that we've run this useless experiment, we've proven that we were right. So to answer their questions, yes, message board posters can and do get things right that GMs get wrong.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Yep. And to think of the abuse people who were critical of the trade initially suffered. Was any of it really necessary? At this point, can we just have honest conversations on this site without being browbeaten with appeals to authority? Can we make points about players using data and logic without being endlessly berated with irrelevant, meaningless bull**** antagonism like ''so you think you could do better than Bergevin?''

We were right. We were so obviously right at the time, and now that we've run this useless experiment, we've proven that we were right. So to answer their questions, yes, message board posters can and do get things right that GMs get wrong.
I hate it when people use this one, I've worked around the world and don't have enough fingers and toes to count the well educated impostors I've seen working at senior positions at $Billion corporations and people can't comprehend a guy with maybe a high school diploma who was good at sport isn't always the best choice for GM

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Enjoy you brand new truck for the summer. Why dont you go on a road trip and get lost.

Is that part of the Secret Plan? We're stuck with Shaw, can't see who's going to take him now. Maybe if he manages a full season with no concussion issues -- what are the odds of that?

Probably the same odds of him getting lost on that road trip you're suggesting.

#Scrotal Plan

Reactions: mariolemieux66

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I hate it when people use this one, I've worked around the world and don't have enough fingers and toes to count the well educated impostors I've seen working at senior positions at $Billion corporations and people can't comprehend a guy with maybe a high school diploma who was good at sport isn't always the best choice for GM

Education doesn't equate with Intelligence.

And I'd add, 'pieces of paper' doesn't necessarily equate with real education either, just controlled one.

self-education.jpg

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
One of the draft picks traded for Shaw has more points already than Shaw does in his entire Canadiens career.

A bit irrelevant. Habs would've never picked a 5'7 winger in the second round. Although a missed chance at Jonathan Dahlen who Ottawa picked a few picks later sucks considering he looks like a stud.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->