Injury Report: Andrew Ladd done for season

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Ken Wiebe ‏@WiebeSunSports 60s

#NHLJets captain Andrew Ladd is battling an elbow injury and has been shut down for the rest of season

I was wondering why he still skated during practice yesterday. Time to embrace #diveforfive!

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
For the best. No point in going out there and risking an even longer recovery time.

Last edited:

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
For the best. No point in going out there and risking and even longer recovery time.

I'd have to agree here. The games are meaningless save for determining a spot up or down on the draft list. Let the guy heal up and be ready for next season.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Because he is a real captain and is showing his leadership.

Yeah this exactly. Ladd is injured (elbow) but still goes out and busts his butt with the rest of his team because he can still skate. Meanwhile Seto takes a maintenance day :shakehead

You know it's funny that the Jets place such a big emphasis on character when drafting but then go out and trade for this guy, they sure missed the boat on this one

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Yeah this exactly. Ladd is injured (elbow) but still goes out and busts his butt with the rest of his team because he can still skate. Meanwhile Seto takes a maintenance day :shakehead

You know it's funny that the Jets place such a big emphasis on character when drafting but then go out and trade for this guy, they sure missed the boat on this one

The worst part is that with the way the draft is shaping out I'm really wanting that second round pick in that spot back.

Minnesota robbed us.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
The worst part is that with the way the draft is shaping out I'm really wanting that second round pick in that spot back.

Minnesota robbed us.

Yeah. I would say they're laughing right now, but they traded the pick to Buffalo.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Wasn't Jose interested in him still?

We gotta be able to farm him out for someone's second.

Package him and a prospect (or 2) out to one of the Alberta teams for their first.
:naughty:

Sell him as having an off year and being homesick...put lipstick on the pig...lots and lots of lipstick.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario

Package him and a prospect (or 2) out to one of the Alberta teams for their first.

Sell him as having an off year and being homesick...put lipstick on the pig...lots and lots of lipstick.

Well he's UFA so the best we could hope for is dealing UFA rights for like a 7th round pick and I really doubt teams are clamoring at the chance to sign him anyway. Not to mention the Alberta teams may be dumb, but they're not THAT dumb.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg

Nope. He's a UFA. He walks for nothing.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Interesting quote from Maurice on Ladd skating:

“Andrew Ladd has a hole in his elbow. He has a cut, looks more like a hole. He’s not playing tonight and he’s not playing tomorrow. But his legs are good and he knew what was coming yesterday and that’s leadership. Cause his arm wasn’t feeling good swinging it back and forth up and down the ice but he knew that he needed to be out there and he was out there. I’m not giving you any false hope. He’s not playing tonight and he’s not playing tomorrow night.â€

You can hear it here.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
That's exactly the kind of guy you want to lead the team.

And Lawless tried to go on about the "Atlanta Five" :facepalm:

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
That's exactly the kind of guy you want to lead the team.

And Lawless tried to go on about the "Atlanta Five" :facepalm:

That whole Atlanta 5 thing was so stupid to begin with....both Ladd and Buff was with the team for 1 year and Wheeler something like 20 games when they moved, it's not like they were entrenched with the team for years and years before that :shakehead

Who are the Atlanta 5 anyway? I really basically ignored that garbage piece of writing

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
That whole Atlanta 5 thing was so stupid to begin with....both Ladd and Buff was with the team for 1 year and Wheeler something like 20 games when they moved, it's not like they were entrenched with the team for years and years before that :shakehead

Who are the Atlanta 5 anyway? I really basically ignored that garbage piece of writing

Ladd, Little, Wheeler, Enstrom, Byfuglien = THE ATLANTA FIVE (or the... 'Atlanta Association') - Gary Lawless.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com

...and better yet - it sounds like Noel was a big part of the country club atmosphere and not holding players accountable.

Derfel*

Ladd skating yesterday shows real dedication and leadership. The same sort of dedication I hope the rest of his teammates show when they win out these last two games.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
He is such a hero. He skated for an hour. All he needs is $4m per year! :)

I wouldn't classify him a hero, but it does help bolster his leadership image. If he's not able to play in the game, he could have chosen to sit out for a 'maintenance' day, like Gooch did. He didn't, and instead bag-skated it with the rest of the shmucks.

Hero is probably a touch hyperbolic, but in my opinion it was still laudable.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
...and better yet - it sounds like Noel was a big part of the country club atmosphere and not holding players accountable.

But...but...Lawless never had a bad thing to say about Noel! Seriously, even now, he dolefully admits that - in hindsight - Noel had to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->