Kings News: Andrew Bodnarchuk Signs for 2 Years; Collin Miller Signs 3 Year ELC

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Good to bring him back to Manch. Will be a key guy there to help with the young D like Forbort, Roach, and Miller IF all 3 end up there.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I think this guy can play in the NHL as a regular. Not big minutes, but a regular. In LA though he's like 10th on the depth chart, maybe lower if guys like Campbell, Deslaurier, etc are ahead of him.

Hopefully he does get a chance to play at some point. Either way, very glad to have him back in the fold if the deal pans out. I'd assume at least one of the years is a one-way salary, like what they did with Cliche IIRC.

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=679061

LOS ANGELES – The Los Angeles Kings have agreed to terms on a new two-year contract for defenseman Andrew Bodnarchuk and a three-year entry level contract for defenseman Colin Miller, Kings President/General Manager Dean Lombardi announced today.

Bodnarchuk, 25, appeared in 69 regular season games with the Manchester Monarchs – the Kings American Hockey League affiliate – last season, recording five goals (tied a career high), 20 points (5-15=20; new career high), 77 penalty minutes and a plus-17 rating (tied for first among Monarchs defensemen; new career high). He also appeared in four postseason games with the Monarchs last season (0-0=0, 0 PIM). Bodnarchuk, who served as a member of the Monarchs leadership group last season as an alternate captain, was originally selected by Boston in the fifth-round (128th overall) in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. In 2009-10, the 5-11, 190-pound native of Drumheller, Alberta, made his NHL debut and appeared in five regular season games with the Bruins (5 GP, 0-0=0, 2 PIM).

Miller, 20, appeared in 54 regular season games with the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds of the Ontario Hockey League last season, recording 20 goals (new career high), 55 points (20-35=55, new career high), 78 penalty minutes and a plus-13 rating (new career high). He also appeared in six postseason games with the Greyhounds last season (1-6=7, 0 PIM). Miller, who last season served as a the Greyhounds captain, won the 2012-13 Mickey Renaud Captains Trophy, awarded annually to the OHL team captain who best exemplifies leadership on and off the ice, with a passion and dedication to the game of hockey and his community. The Kings drafted Miller, a 6-1, 175-pound native of Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, in the fifth-round (151st overall) in the 2012 NHL Draft.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I watched a few ahl games during the lockout and he was by far the best defenseman on the team to me very physical .,

Great to hear. I admit to not getting to watch him, but sounds like a good leader and good to have some stable veteran leadership for the Monarchs for the next couple of years. Must be good enough seeing as he stuck around till the last cuts last year IIRC. Sounds like an Andrew Ference type, maybe less offense though.

Cheers to Colin Miller though!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad