Player Discussion: Andrei Vasilevskiy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
He's playing very well, but I'd like to see him finish strong before I throw around Vezina talk for what is essentially his first full season. I'd also like to see Cooper rest him a bit more often. He's on pace for 69 games this season. Way too many.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He's playing very well, but I'd like to see him finish strong before I throw around Vezina talk for what is essentially his first full season. I'd also like to see Cooper rest him a bit more often. He's on pace for 69 games this season. Way too many.

Yeah it seems like a lot but I wouldn't be too worried considering his age, he's only 23 his body can handle the workload and I think he stated in the off-season he wanted as many games as possible because he was still young.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Vasilevskiy is currently sitting 1st in wins, and among goalies with at least 12 GP he is T-1st in Sv% and 3rd in GAA. Very solid so far. His puckhandling has gotten much better with some confidence. His rebound control still needs some work and his glove hand is still his weakness, but this is a guy that is good enough for a Cup run so far. Have to imagine that a 23 year old goalie will only trend up.

Nautica54

Nov 28, 2015
BUMP: will always be a big Bishop fan....but it's obvious now to trust in the Yzerplan...glad to keep eating crow and seeing Vasy develop into what he has

Reactions: LoSTRaMaiR

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Vasi made a couple clutch saves tonight to keep us in it when we were down a goal. Could have easily got ugly. Vasi has been wonderful this year.

As much as I miss Bish, I'm very happy with Vasi's development right now

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I've been a huge supporter of this kid from the start. All you haters can kick rocks. I've had his back since day 1! DAY ONE!

'Member when I said Vasi would be competing for the Vezina this year and you laughed at me? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Reactions: Rschmitz

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Budaj allowed four times more goals in his last start than Vasy has allowed in his last 4 starts.

Reactions: MattM92

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
BUMP: will always be a big Bishop fan....but it's obvious now to trust in the Yzerplan...glad to keep eating crow and seeing Vasy develop into what he has
I really didn't see it with Vasy last season. The team played horrible in front of him compared to when Bish was in net. Spectacular how he has turned it around. Gladly eating crow here.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
It seems like Vasy needs the starts. He seems better the more often he plays. We need a competent backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->