Andrei Razin & Alexander Golts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyceBrown

Sep 26, 2003
metro Detroit
Visit site
Does anyone have any scouting info on RSL veterns ALexander Golts & Andrei Razin?

I know that Philadelphia drafted Razin a couple years ago, but he is never mentioned as a NHL prospect.

Golts was among the scoring leaders in the RSL a couple years ago, but I have never seen his name mentioned.

An scouting info would be greatly appreciated.

4thLineGoon

May 22, 2003
the sin bin...
Visit site
RoyceBrown said:
I know that Philadelphia drafted Razin a couple years ago, but he is never mentioned as a NHL prospect.

Razin is fairly old, i believe he is 29 or 30. There is probably concern that he wouldn't be able to adapt to the North American game at his age, much like Jiri Dopita had trouble doing. Also, does Razin make more money in Russia than he would here?

Haute Couture

Feb 27, 2002
Bay of Pigs
Visit site
Don't count on them coming over. Razin's 30 - and will be 31 in a year or so. Too old, considering that you've got a handful of talented youngsters on Philly's depth chart that can be used in an all-around-better way.

It's not like Razin is a superstar like Jiri Dopita. Oh. Nevermind.

brian

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Razin is making very good money and the Flyers may have to overpay him in order to get him here. He does have some very good offensive skills and in many ways look like a poor man's Larionov. However he is more suited to the European game and at this stage of his career it may be best for him to stay home. Golts is a goal scorer who will only be effective if he plays with someone who can give him the puck. In other words Golts is only as good as the players that he is playing with.

RoyceBrown

Sep 26, 2003
metro Detroit
Visit site
Thanks alot.

Basically, to sum it all up the consensus seems to be:
Razin = poor man's Larionov who's too old & happy (ie making $$) in RSL to consider NA. Perhaps past the age to make trip over.

Golts = Good goal scorer, but that's about it. No chance to play in NHL.

RussianProspects

Feb 14, 2003
www.russianprospects.com
It's not about the RSL - Razin is in Russia because he likes Moscow. He tried very hard to stay in the city after leaving Dynamo. Phily tried to get him, he just doesn't see any reason to come over. I think he would do well in the NHL, but I also think there is nothing NHL can offer. He would not be a star and the relative amount of financial gain, when compare to the overall difficulties wouldn't be that much.

I don't think money is a factor, he is not the type of person to care that much about the extra he could make in North America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad